rank

Merrick Bank
www.merrickbank.com Internet U.S.A.

Merrick Bank Liars Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: how to handle

I have had a credit card with Merrick Bank for over a year - I have never been late. My company closed and the company I worked for owed me over a month's pay. This company started calling me yesterday (Cardholder Mana, my caller id shows they called 5 times today and it won't register how many yesterday (because they called 5 today and it only goes back to the last 10 calls). They are labeled Cardholder Mana...now, I have never talked to them (because I didn't know who they were) and they have never left a message...I talked to them today and they told me that I was 9 days late but that I was being reported as 60 days late. I am not. They are going by my last pay date, which was early and even if it wasn't as of tomorrow - it still wouldn't be 60 days (the date due is being listed as of 8/07/08). Would anyone out there really believe that if I was 60 days late they would wait until yesterday to call for a credit card payment?

Bina
Albany, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2008 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merrick-Bank/internet/Merrick-Bank-Liars-Internet-357896. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merrick Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

how to handle

AUTHOR: Hova - (U.S.A.)

First if you dont pick up your phone any credit card company will continue to call you. In regards to the lateness you should pull your credit report and verify if they reported you late. You are allowed one free credit report per year from each of the three major credit bureaus. Equifax, Experian and Trans Union