Complaint Review: Merrick Bank

• Updated: Sun, October 23, 2011

• Reported By: Jay — Arvada Colorado United States of America
Merrick Bank

Merrick Bank Refusal to let you pay the account in full Internet

Merrick Bank refusal to let you make full payments on your account. Tried to pay off account on "their" website, EFT took 2 weeks to be applied to account. Next month, I used my personal bank checking account online pay service. I sent a trail payment to make sure everything was correct, it went through within one day.

My bank sent payment to them on 10/3/2011 to pay the account in full. Because the bill pay service that Merrick Bank uses does not allow EFT over a certain amount my payment has never been applied to the credit card. Merrick Bank customer service denies this allocation, and has charged me interest on my account and denies ever getting my payment as of this date.

The payment that is due next month must be paid on time, regardless of the status of this payment. They also stated that if I cancelled the check and paid off the account, and the check somehow was received by them they would charge me the returned check fee and turn it over to collection if needed. They told me they would not note my account that there was a problem with the payment.

Being held over a barrel

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2011 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merrick-Bank/internet/Merrick-Bank-Refusal-to-let-you-pay-the-account-in-full-Internet-791483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merrick Bank