Complaint Review: Merrick Bank

• Updated: Tue, May 06, 2014

• Reported By: italiancowgirl2 — Medford Oregon
Merrick Bank
Nationwide USA

Made my monthly credit card payment online. Received confirmation that it was posted to my account. About a week later I got a letter from Merrick stating that they placed my account on hold for non-payment. I called and they told me the payment I made was then NOT authorized by me. I told them it cleared my bank, and offered to send a copy of my bank stmt to prove it. No, that wasn't good enough- they want my bank to send a letter on their letterhead stating the payment was paid. So, my bank faxed them the letter. I assumed it was taken care of since I didn't hear back from Merrick. Nope, 3 weeks go by and I get my statement and now I am past due and they have added interest charges too! Called them to ask why they haven't fixed the issue and given me credit for my payment. After being transferred to multiple people and departments, I am not told the letter from my bank is  not sufficient information (letter also provided the transaction ID # specific to that transaction) and Merrick now needs a copy of my bank statement showing my credit card payment was paid and not reversed. This is what I asked to send them to begin with! Ugghhh!!!  So, after about 5 attempts to fax the bank statement, I call them and again get the run around from 5 different people. I try to tell them the fax line isn't working, keep getting error messages. Well, all I can do now is mail the information. I tell them there isnt time to wait for snail mail!   I then ask if my account is on hold while the dispute is being investigated. The person tells me no, I have to make my payment or they will report me to credit bureaus!  I lost it at that point!  I told them they have to give me 60 days since this is a dispute. The lady told me no, if I don't pay they will report me to credit bureaus. It even says on my statement that they cannot report me as late to the credit agencies if in dispute and within 60 days of the investigation, which it is.  I finally after 10 attempts get the fax to go through...weird!  I also went online to my account to make my current month payment (leary at this point though) and my bank account information is no longer showing up on my account? I did NOT remove my bank account information, it all of a sudden disappears!??  Something is very very wrong here!

I have filed a complaint with the Consumer Business Bureau and I hope an attorney contacts me as this is fraud to me! They have my money and are doing NOTHING to resolve their mistake!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2014 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merrick-Bank/nationwide/Merrick-Bank-DENYING-THAT-THEY-RECEIVED-MY-ONLINE-PAYMENT-New-York-Nationwide-1144457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merrick Bank