Complaint Review: Merrick Capital Lending

• Reported By: mtmlny — San Antonio Texas United States of America
Merrick Capital Lending
11 Standwood St, Pittsburg, PA, 15205 Internet United States of America

Merrick Capital Lending The Lending Center took me for $596 Internet

I had signed up at the Lending Center website a couple of weeks ago and didn't think anything of it.  A week later I get a call from Mark Bryne saying that I was approved for the loan, but I need to secure it.  Unfortunately I did not have any collateral to give, so I chose to use their Insurance company Optimum General Insurance Company, and had to give a $550 payment in order to get the loan.  I didn't agree off the bat and did some research on the Merrick Capital Lending.  I didn't find anything of consequence so I went along with the process the next day.  Warning bells went off, when Mark wanted me to wire the money to an individual named Tracy Moore in Canada.  I argued with him on that and didn't want to do it, and should have ended it right there.  However, I was talked into it and wired the money sending a total of $596.  Then later after calling several times, Mark told me because the Insurance company did another pass on my background that another $850 was needed to get my funds.  Of course I was not happy and stated that I needed proof and documentation from both the Insurance company and himself before I would proceed.  After waiting a day with no documentation and several calls stating he was busy and he'd get to it, I did not get anything.  I called back terminating my "loan" and he stated I could never get a loan with them again, and I was ruining my chances at lessing my debt.  I then was told that they could not refund my money immediately, like how I sent it to them, and I would have to wait 7 to 14 days before getting my money back.  Plus, I had to pay a termination fee of $290 and that would be taken out of the $550.  Honestly, I am not expecting anything from this company and ate $596 that really couldn't come at a worst time.

To all, The Lending Center is a scam as well as their "lenders".  I wish I had asked more questions, and went with my gut and just not sent the money.  DO NOT LET THEM TALK YOU INTO ANYTHING.  If you gut tells you its bad, follow it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2013 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merrick-Capital-Lending/internet/Merrick-Capital-Lending-The-Lending-Center-took-me-for-596-Internet-1013583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merrick Capital Lending