Complaint Review: Merrill-Adams Associates

• Submitted: Thu, May 22, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, October 27, 2008

• Reported By:Pennington New Jersey
Merrill-Adams Associates
100 Four Falls Corporate Center, Suite 305 West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Merrill-Adams Associates; Aka Timmins Group; PMA Personal Marketing Associates misrepresentation and non-deliverance of professional services rip off West Conshohocken Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Resolution reached

*Consumer Comment: Charles Timmins/ PMA Group relocates again!

My saga began June 1999. I met Mr. Tabler in the Merrill-Adams' Princeton "office". Therein started the impressive promises. Seems I was fortunate: paid only $3850 (compared to other reports filed on various complaint sites). Their fees swelled each year, apparently. Sorry for those signing up later.

Having a night job, I explained that I was seeking their expertise to market my skills for me, as my daytime availability was minimized by a 4-hour commute. I was assured they would handle all the leg-work and take the lead for me, as I was such a "multi-talented, personable, marketable client".

The end result was utterly unsatisfactory. Similar to other reports, I was sent to a consultant in PA (1 1/2-hours west of our home, which was 2 hours west of my work in NYC); expected to meet w/my "career counselor" repeatedly; expected to rewrite my resume (which was originally included in their services); contact some of the thousands of leads handed to me, readily accessible on the InterNet; research all leads available myself. The reasuring fact was the safety-net they provided, even 'tho their "ability to place me in a new position was inevitable". If their efforts did not yield a new job, my money would be totally refunded.

Bogus, bogus, bogus. I found my own new position within six months, after it became clear they were not helping me. Attempts to reach them have been thwarted to this day. My last conversation was with a woman in Parsippany on March 3, 2002 who explained the former CEO was deceased, and the new person in charge was a James Marken. He would be back in touch. Always, politely, someone would get back to me.

Today I called that same number, 973-884-2833 to learn it has been disconnected with no fowarding number. No kidding. For any others hoodwinked but this con game, one way to recoop some of our loses is to take their fees as a tax deduction in our job search process. PS - Thought it was curious that a reference was made to a Mark Peterson from Pennington by James Marken who had kissed and made up with M-A, supposedly. Isn't it curious that I am from Pennington, and that no Mark Peterson is listed in the phone book here?

Robin
Pennington, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2003 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merrill-Adams-Associates/West-Conshohocken-Pennsylvania-19428/Merrill-Adams-Associates-Aka-Timmins-Group-PMA-Personal-Marketing-Associates-misreprese-58019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merrill-Adams Associates

Resolution reached

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

You should be aware that my comments were posted in haste and out of frustration during a very
stressful period in my life. Mr. Timmins and I have since amicably resolved our dispute with no
animosity between the parties. Mr. Timmins is not a bad person.
The policy of www.ripoffreport.com. is not to remove/delete prior entries. Please do not draw
any negative inferences about Mr. Timmins or his business operations based upon my entry. My
reports should be disregarded in its entirety. Karen, Harrisburg PA

Charles Timmins/ PMA Group relocates again!

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

Warning to all job seekers! Charles Timmins Jr. has relocated again, still DBA PMA Group.

Please read all reports under Corrupt Companies, Adult Ed & Career Services and Employment for this website. He has left many unhappy former clients like myself wishing we had never met him! Every complaint is true because I was a victim of him also!

His new address is 1055 Westlakes Dr., Berwyn, PA 19312. 610-727-4250