Complaint Review: Merry Maids Chicago

• Reported By: prncess1113 — Wood Dale Illinois United States of America
Merry Maids Chicago
7536 Ashland Internet United States of America

Merry Maids Chicago TERRIBLE!!!!! Internet

I will take the time and tell you that my experiences Merry Maids have been absolutely horrible! Not only was I not provided with quality service, but I was completely given the run around. In July I had my house cleaned. Prior to that I had used the service for the first time two weeks before. The initial visit went well. On the second visit, the woman left after an hour and a half. Having three floors, 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms cleaned? Not only is that unrealistic but the house was not cleaned! In addition she left her cleaning supplies.

As if that was not frustrating enough (trust me I was having a graduation party the following day and I wound up staying up all night cleaning the house) I tried calling the following day and was told I will have the manager call you first thing Monday morning. Monday at noon (during my lunch hour!) I call and was told the same thing. I tried calling back multiple times that day to be told that the manager was in a meeting. I called again Tuesday and talked to the service manager who said she would refund my money.

The following day I checked my bank account to see that I was not refunded but billed again!!! I immediately called the bank and they had to issue me a new debit card (which took a week!) and began talking about opening a fraud claim. I then called Merry Maids again (the one on Ashland in Chicago) and only after I told them I was going to report them for fraud and call the Better Business Bureau did I receive a refund (Two days later I received the refund). As if that wasn't enough! They offered me a free cleaning to try to make all of this up to me. I said that I NEVER wanted the maid that they gave me before to come back. The day before the cleaning they called and I specifically asked which one.

It was the one I specifically said not to send. On top of that, they had told me a week before she had been fired. So if that wasn't enough, I began to receive calls from the office that I owed them money. I finally got mad and called corporate today. Did I get a response back from them? NO! But they did manage to get the manager of that specific Merry Maids location to call me back. He didn't have an explanation. He said all of his employees know how to credit back a charge and he didn't understand why they didn't or why he wasn't receiving his messages. He also said that he had been on vacation that week, which is something that didn't match what his employees had told me.

Hopefully, I am removed from their system and WILL NEVER have to deal with this company again. I highly recommend that you stay away from this cleaning service. As for the company, good luck writing a rebuttal because I can name everyone in the office, corporate office and provide the bank statements to prove all of this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2012 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merry-Maids-Chicago/internet/Merry-Maids-Chicago-TERRIBLE-Internet-930920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merry Maids Chicago