Complaint Review: Merry Maids

• Submitted: Fri, January 09, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, July 19, 2012

• Reported By:San Diego California
Merry Maids
26692 Pierce Circle Unit A Murrieta, California U.S.A.

Merry Maids ripoff! Murrieta California

*Consumer Comment: Ron "Chay" Myers

*General Comment: Krystal Ngen?

*Consumer Comment: I hear you

I signed up to have Merry Maids and I had 4 services. The first time they came, the leader sat and talked to me for 30 minutes while I tried to work then she informed me that she could not finish the job without charging me another 30 minutes. The second time they came, she sat at my desk and asked me about a computer virus she had and the house was not finished again. The third time, they broke the heads off these 2 Japanese dolls that were made out of sand that my husband bought me. They did not tell me they broke them and left the house. They also did a poor job, again.

I called the office and told them what happened and they called me back a week later to let me know they would try to get them fixed and that they would make a note of the things that were not done. They never called about the dolls getting fixed and they charged me for the next visit even though I was not happy with the service. I signed a guarntee that stated I would get a free cleaning if I was unhappy. I was unhappy and they still charged me! I didn't know it until I got my monthly credit card statement.

The last time they came, they used our office equipment. I decided to leave the house so the leader would do the work and not try to talk to me. When we came back my husband picked up our label maker and it said "Last message... "Tina and Annie's Phone" Tina and Annie were our 2 maids.

My husband called and canceled our service and asked for a call back to confirm. They never called. So I called again, left another message and faxed them as well. I got a call the next afternoon saying "We got your cancel message" No question as to why, or if they can change things, or if they could still fix my dolls. I still got charged and the job was still terrible. They never dusted my husband's furniture, they never dusted our lamps or tables, they never cleaned our desks, our window coverings were never dusted. Our sliding glass door runners were never vacuumed out, they didn't wipe down any of the doors, they never swept or mopped around the trash can in the kitchen. The list could go on and on.

It was the worst service I have had. I have had maids since I was 3 years old and I have never seen such poor service. To top it all off, I saw Tina at a school fair for my daughter and she informed me that she usually receives tips. My only conclusion could be that since I was not tipping them that they would not do the job and use our equipment as they saw fit.

I filed with the BBB and they are now stating that I didn't tell them within 24 hours that I was dissatisfied and that I told them my dolls had been thrown away! Neither is true AT ALL! I still have the dolls sitting right here!

Andrea
Wildomar, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2004 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merry-Maids/Murrieta-California-92562/Merry-Maids-ripoff-Murrieta-California-76683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merry Maids

Ron "Chay" Myers

AUTHOR: Sherri - (United States of America)

I've noticed you follow Krystal around to every place she (quite rightly) posts a complaint about you, and you use different names, claim you know her, and make disparaging remarks about her own housekeeping skills, etc.  Your similar misspellings in all the posts make it obvious.  He is trying to cover up for the lousy job his company does, the damage they do, by trying to cast aspersions on those who dare complain.  NOT a good business model!

#2 General Comment

Krystal Ngen?

AUTHOR: Ron Myer - (United States of America)

this is John the Firefighter that use live next door to you, I do not know this guy personally but I seen your report, you lied about lots of things , once you said you were remodeling, once you said you were just moving in, the guy posted a report on your home you paid not move in move out cleaning and cleaning companies don't wash walls regardless, I had his company clean for me about 10 times no complaints here. You lied about moving out as well( I watched You! ) trying to save extra 25 buck come on trash a company to save a buck, and they come bACK AGAIN AND FIXED YOUR COMPLIANTS ( BESIDES WASHING WALLS WITCH THEY DONT DO COULD DAMAGE PAINT) SELECT MAIDS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

I hear you

AUTHOR: Krystal - (U.S.A.)

Hi Andrea,

I totally understand what you're going through. I had a terrible experience w/Select Maids, maybe even worse because the idiotic owner actually was stupid enough to insult me in emails. I've posted them all on this site also. :)

So don't use them either if you're in the market. And I certainly won't be using Merry Maids either. I've seen several complaints about Merry Maids already. Seriously, I think we all know that cleaning is hard work, but that's their job. They clean for a living and yet they don't do it and then take our money. I don't get the logic of it all. I totally give up, I'll be cleaning my own house from now on.