Complaint Review: Merry Maids

• Reported By: Tony — Encino California USA
Merry Maids
5647 Strohm Ave. North Hollywood, California United States of America

Merry Maids Merry Maids is a Total Ripoff! North Hollywood, California

*Consumer Comment: Merry Maids sounds like a broken record!

*Author of original report: Merry Maids "Rebuttal"

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Merry Maids... BBB A+ rated

Merry Maids sent two maids to clean my house.  They had me read & sign a contract that stated "Two maids for 2 - 3 hours at $160.00 - $270.00."  Another option was "Continue working until the job is done."  Naturally, the job took three hours.  They did a very poor job.

Before they started working, they asked me to show them what needed to be done & where.  I showed them what needed dusting, windows cleaned, etc.

Their vacuum cleaner didn't work well - it didn't pick up much.  Many areas that I pointed out before they started working needed dusting & they weren't even touched.  Not a single window was cleaned.

After they said they were "finished," one of the maids tried to justify their incompetent work by saying, "It's too bad you didn't choose the "Continue working until the job is finished," option.  Yeah......I wonder how much they would have scammed me for that?

The worst part of the job wasn't discovered until several hours later when I stepped into the tub to take a shower.  The bath mat slipped out from under me because one of their Merry Morons set it back down lightly in the tub without bothering to press it in place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2012 01:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Merry-Maids/North-Hollywood-California-91601/Merry-Maids-Merry-Maids-is-a-Total-Ripoff-North-Hollywood-California-871176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Merry Maids

Merry Maids sounds like a broken record!

AUTHOR: jumperman93 - ()

Hello, I have never been a customer of your company and I don't need to be. There is just so much criticism and distrust wrapped around this quagmire of a company. I have a pretty good idea on to what is going on in the mind of your employees, they could be thinking, "I wonder what this sap has in the fridge to eat", or "I wonder how much money I can get from the gold this man has, or even "I wonder where this man keeps his financial records so I can defraud him and steal his identity for everything he's worth." All of these things have happened to undeserving good people who TRUSTED you, and what do you do? ROB THEM! I may not beable to harm you physically or financially through this computer but I can just never hire you pigs. I'm not sure how you got as big as you did through lying and stealing so you must be good at it. But what good is that when no one will do business with you? Enjoy the rough (((REDACTED))) you little b****.

Merry Maids "Rebuttal"

AUTHOR: Tony - (USA)

Yes, as I stated, my brother did hire Merry Maids & I do live in the house.  What does that have to do with the fact that they did a terrible job??  "Concentrating on my mother's bedroom" does not mean ignoring the rest of the house.  $270.00 to clean one bedroom??  Yeah, that's Merry Maids' ripoff style.

I'd like to add something.  When a representative of Merry Maids phoned me about my complaint, I explained that the windows weren't cleaned & nothing was dusted.  The representative's asinine reply:  "Well, no one told us to clean the windows or dust."   I've never heard of a housecleaning that didn't include windows or dusting.

As for me not "obliging" to have Merry Maids come back & complete the job, that wasn't necessary because my mom's nurse & I had already completed the job we paid Merry Maids to do.

The pages & pages of complaints about "Merry Maids" is quite justified & well earned.

To the owner of Merry Maids:  You were better off without your pathetic rebuttal.  Wanna try again?

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Merry Maids... BBB A+ rated

AUTHOR: Merry Maids North Hollywood - (United States of America)

The person that wrote this was not the customer who paid for the service. This person lives with his mother. His brother hired us to clean just his mothers part of the house. The paying customer specifically instructed the crew to concentrate on his mothers bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom. He did not want us to clean his brothers part of the house.

The person who wrote this is disgruntled at that fact. We did know about his dissatisfaction and offered to go out and fix what we missed, but he did not ablige us the time.

Merry Maids of North Hollywood is a reputable company that has served the San Fernando Valley in good standing since 1985. We are a member of the Better Business Bureau with and A+ rating and stand behind our work.