necessity

• Updated: Thu, April 04, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous —
Mesa Garage Doors
1636 West Collins Ave. Orange, California United States of America

Mesa Garage Doors Provided Poor Follow-Up, and Omitted Important Information Orange, California

In February of 2013 I hired Mesa Garage Doors, to install a new garage door at my residence. The reason for this was that the old garage door had weakened where it attached to the opener arm and was no longer able to support the bolts that fastened it to the opener. The sales representative, Rich Moore presented a business card representing himself as Area Manager. Mr
Moore  assured me that due to the  construction of the Mesa door, the opener would not become detached.

Shortly after installation the garage door began to reverse itself while closing. I called Mesa twice to come out and adjust the door, and on both occasion, the technician failed to show up at the appointed time or at all. In addition nobody from Mesa called to inform me of such. In frustration, and because I was to leave for a trip on the day following the second scheduled
visit, I spent several hours adjusting the sensors myself, until the problem was resolved.

Today the screws attaching the opener arm to the new garage door tore loose. This was the reason that I replaced my old garage door in the first place. My first call was to Mr. Moore who had been so pleasant and reassuring on his sales visit. When I explained my problem, he replied that he was just a salesman, and that I needed to call the service number. When I asked why his card identified him as Area Manager he said I would have to take that up with Mesa management.

I called the service number, and they sent out a technician to fix the problem. The fix, however was not free. I was forced to pay an extra $ 89.00 for a reinforcing plate that they had never mentioned at any time during the period leading up to installation.

The message on their voice system says that they want to provide world class service. In my opinion they have a way to go.

I would be very cautious in hiring a company with such service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2013 06:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mesa-Garage-Doors/Orange-California-92867/Mesa-Garage-Doors-Provided-Poor-Follow-Up-and-Omitted-Important-Information-Orange-Cali-1040801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mesa Garage Doors