• Report: #19986

• Submitted: Wed, May 01, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, October 04, 2002

• Reported By:Gilbert AZ
Mesa Police Department
130 N. Robson Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Police

Mesa Police Department Disqualified from Mesa Police Dept hiring process without reason. Mesa, Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: Forget religious titles. These are hate-mongers and thugs. The religion matters only when it comes to who they shaft.

*Consumer Suggestion: Join the Mormon Ward/Church !

*Consumer Suggestion: This is S.O.P. You might as well apply to work for SATAN...he is probably more honest...

*Consumer Suggestion: forget about it

I applied for Mesa Police Department in March 2002. I have completed and passed at this point the written test, oral and background interviews. My next step was to take the physical agility test. Appoximately a little over a week, after the background interview, I went to take my physical agility test. I passed the test with a good score. I took the test at 7:00am that morning.

Later on that day I received a letter from Mesa Police Dept stating that I was disqualified from the process because they have people who better fit the dept needs.

If anyone was to look at my file they would state that I have more qualifications and experience than most people for the position.

I contacted the hiring process for Mesa PD to verify if this was a mistake. The person I spoke to stated they didnt know why I was disqualified and I needed to speak with a detective who handles my last name catagory.

So, I spoke with a detective and he could not find any comments or reason why I was disqualified. I asked if he could check my file to give some type of reason. He stated, as the general disqualification letter stated, it is Mesa policy not to give specific reasons for diqualifications. I told him that I was not asking for specific reasons, I am just asking for the area I was disqualified in. He said he couldnt give any information on that due to the fact he didnt know why, and he wasnt going to check.

Then he proceeded to tell me the reason why they dont give out specific reasons is because a person then will know their area of weakness, then go out and try to improve in that area of weakness and will try to get hired on to another police department. That does not make sense! Why wouldnt someone want to let someone know thier area of weakness so they may improve and better their career in a positive way.

I have come to the conclusion that Mesa Police Department does not support personal improvment or maybe the fact that I am not mormon has disqualified me from the hiring process. Its funny though, the people I spoke to, who were still in the hiring process (who are not more qualified than I am), are all mormon.

Philip
Gilbert, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2002 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mesa-Police-Department/Mesa-Arizona-85201/Mesa-Police-Department-Disqualified-from-Mesa-Police-Dept-hiring-process-without-reason-M-19986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mesa Police Department

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Mormon? No. I think not. Religion is only a nice cover story for this kind of massive ripoff of a whole town of this size.

This is really about thugs and hate-mongers
who try to look they are "protecting the
right" when in fact they are establishing
the wrong.

I am a former officer, decorated, now disabled.

I HATE to see this. It seems as if it will never get better, until or unless the City Council wakes up and starts slapping some of these people down--AND I MEAN WAY DOWN--with some kind of regularity.

I saw way too much selective and dishonest
use of police powers--and failure to use
them when they were desperatelyh needed--to
draw any other conclusions.

This is a bitter, ugly thing, and it costs
even the advocates of this kind of crap
tons of money in taxes and insurance
premiums every year.

Near as I can tell, Mesa is LOOKING for
rotten human beings to populate their
police department. Everybody else
gets the shaft.

I myself applied a few years back, before
my hip went to pieces, and was told by
any number of associates "despite your
excellent record, applying was a WASTE
of time, ink, and paper." The department
said, at one point, "right now, we are
hiring ONLY minority officers....etc.,etc."
What they actually hired was two or three
minority-named officers (at least one of
them LDS) and four or five Mormons in good
standing.

What this is: Criminal fraud.

And it is mostly right out in the open.

Your reason for disqualification may be a
name mixup (common in Mesa), because you are
NOT LDS (very common in Mesa), or because the
City Manager didn't like your picture, or perhaps
an honest answer somewhere on the pre-qual...
It could even be that someone doctored your paperwork, which is very common here.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Join the Mormon Ward/Church !

AUTHOR: Scoop - ()

My Jewish friend told me to "join the mormon church" as a business deal. Just like you join a club or networking hub, you join the mormons as a business 'sure win win situation". She said, if the Mormons judge you by this standard, join them, don't fight them, go a couple of times to their meetings and move on. Once you're in, well, you are in for life and if anyone asks if you are LDS, then, you can say "I'm a member" sad as it is, and as awful as it is, you'll have this problem in Gilbert as well." It shouldn't be this way, but unfortunately it has happened to me on several occasions. Maybe my friend is right, after all, what can it hurt? It will be easier for you.

I live in Mesa and have to deal with it everyday of my life. I absolutely feel for you and hope someday, they get busted. I do not hate them, but they are taking things (people's constitutional rights)away. I have wife beater's on my street.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Do not deal with these people, ever, without
consulting an attorney.

They do more crime than the Mafia.

You might as well cut out the middle man
and join the Church of Satan. At least
you know your employer's motives.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Bob - ()

You are better off by far not being associated with criminal corruption like Mesa P.D. Soon, the federal authorities will destroy this agency, and the cold, clean light of reality will shine on this whole rotten apple, and prison doors
begin to close behind these scum. Too bad. Mesa could be a wonderful place. Seems to have gotten much worse over the last four or five years. But they need to be replaced, and you don't need to get involved in the holocaust which will befall these slime. Forget about it. Go on to find a job with someone legitimate. Mesa P.D. doesn't do law enforcement, they are in the fraud and public relations business, and mainly to protect the LDS old guard, with whom even legitimate Mormons are disgusted.

#5 Consumer Suggestion