Complaint Review: Mesirow Financial

• Updated: Fri, September 06, 2013

• Reported By: Tom — Bridgewater Massachusetts
Mesirow Financial
321 N. Clark St. Chicago, Illinois USA

Mesirow Financial Great performers can expect to earn over $100,000 per year.  I was scammed by a company posing as Mesirow Finacial out of Chicago Illinois.  While there is a legitimate company with that name, this company is not them. Chicago Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Seeking additional information about the company posing as the real Mesirow Financial

I was scammed by a company posing as Mesirow Finacial out of Chicago Illinois.  While there is a legitimate company with that name, this company is not them.  The scam company's web site is www.mesirowfinance.com and it is still up and operating.

I received an email from a David Tomson detailing the position and the pay and he added there were no upfront fees on my end.  They offered me a 4 week trial period to reship packages.  They would pay me $24.00 per package and a base monthly pay of $2450.00

If they were pleased with my perforamnce after the trial period, I would begin receiving about 50 packages per week along with the monthly base pay of $2450.

They had me fill out and sign a legitimate looking contract and within a week thereafter I began receiving packages.  Although I voiced to them some bit of skeptisism, they assured me they were a legitimate company and did nothing against the law.  (See their website and you'll see their explanation).  They also sent me a BBB Certificate dated July 1, 2013.

I was assigned a manager and over the next month I reshipped 23 packages for them.  They sent me an email at the end of my trial period telling me that they were pleased with my performance and it would take about a week without receiving packages to transfer me over to the main database, but my next monthly base pay of $2450.00 would not be interupted.

They also told me they were sneding me a cehck for $3892.00 by express mail from Finland which would take 7 to 9 business days to arrive.  When I asked if I could track the check, I was told that anything under 5kg from Finland was untraceable.  They always had a quick answer for everything.

By now, you can probably figure out the rest of my story...  No check ever came by any type of mail.  No more packages were ever sent.  And they would not respond to any of my emails.  I worked for free. Plus, I spent money on materials, gas, and let's not forget my time.

I had to be home between 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday to accept and sign for incoming packages.  Then I had to peel all the labels off and affix new labels and dirve to different parcel carrier stores to have them shipped.

My manager's name was Janet Stodghill

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2013 05:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mesirow-Financial/Chicago-Illinois-60654/Mesirow-Financial-Great-performers-can-expect-to-earn-over-100000-per-year-nbspI-was-1078631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mesirow Financial

AUTHOR: J. Gekas - ()

Dear Tom:

I am a Partner with Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP (edwardswildman.com), an international law firm.  We serve as intellectual property counsel for the “real” Mesirow Financial which is, as you note, a legitimate financial services company based in Chicago.  On behalf of our client, we are currently investigating the individual(s) behind the domain name and website that are the subject of your report.

We were sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience, and would very much like to ensure that this company is stopped from further unauthorized use of our client’s name and federally registered trademarks. If you are willing to speak with me, I would appreciate a few moments of your time so that we can learn more about your dealings with this company, as your information may help us to prevent other consumers from being scammed.

Please feel free to use the contact number or email below, and thank you in advance for your assistance.

(312) 201-2170