Complaint Review: Mesquite, Texas

Mesquite, Texas
777 N Galloway Ave. Mesquite, Texas United States of America

Mesquite, TX Police department Theft of property Mesquite, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Bigger Picture

The mesquite police department took two of my guns from the property room and gave them to my estranged wife. The handguns are registered in my name. Not only is this a legal threat to me, but theft. If she were to sell these guns to someone and a crime is commited with these weapons, the police will come looking for me first.I am not only out of the cost of the guns, but I was never arrested for a crime when the weapons were taken from my home while I was not at home. I do not know how to get the guns back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2012 09:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mesquite-Texas/Mesquite-Texas-75149/Mesquite-TX-Police-department-Theft-of-property-Mesquite-Texas-959131. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mesquite, Texas

Bigger Picture

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You are missing the bigger picture.  Since you didn't mention anything about how the guns were originally taken out of your house, we must figure that the police must have illegally entered your house without a warrant to get the guns.  Since this must be the case you would have no problem finding a lawyer to take your case for this obvious Constitutional issue.  Heck, because of the publicity I would bet that they would even take it for free.

Or is there more to this story that you are conveniently leaving out as it may not look your side look so good?