Complaint Review: Met-Ed

• Updated: Mon, August 19, 2013

• Reported By: Dave S — Saylorsburg Pennsylvania
Met-Ed
PO BOX 16001 Reading , Pennsylvania USA

Met-Ed First Energy Corp Med-Ed Racketeering. Payment plan requires Budget plan payment also with security deposits. Ripoff. Reading Pennsylvania

I incurred a large electric usage bill in march. I left an electric heater on for a month or more without knowing. Located isn a storage building. I contacted

about the problem  and aggreed to use their payment plan. The total was 940.00 bill with payments of 166.00.

This is where the ripoff started. I got my next bill and there was the payment plan amount. Plus a budget plan amount and a security deposit. I had no electric usage. My bill went from 0.00 to over 400.00 dollars with the payment plan. I called Met-Ed and asked wtf is going on. They said that the budget plan is a requirement when you take advantage of the payment plan.

I filed a complaint with the PUC.

This is an example of corporate racketeering. I will fight this. Not only is this reduiculas but the amount of money i have to pay MET-ED for electric service.

This is to warn all. Do not take a payment plan with Med-Ed. Currently in 2 months my bill is 1200.00.

Met-Ed Racketeering. Comming to you some day.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2013 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Met-Ed/Reading-Pennsylvania-19612/Met-Ed-First-Energy-Corp-Med-Ed-Racketeering-Payment-plan-requires-Budget-plan-payment-a-1077179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Met-Ed