Complaint Review: MetLife LTD

• Updated: Thu, May 24, 2012

• Reported By: DC100 — Trenton New Jersey United States of America
MetLife LTD

MetLife LTD MeltLife LTD Lied to me! Internet

*General Comment: Insurance companies may refuse legitimate claims for long term disability benefits

I have paid into a LTD policy through MetLife for over 20 years through my Company but I paid 100% of this policy. I never in my life thought I would have to use it But I did in 2005. My injury was job related and Metlife forced me to file for it and also Socail Security Disability. I then had to figure out how I was going to live off of only 50% of my monthly salary. I had high hopes until all my doctors and specailists told me there was nothing that could be done for me! So after two years of waiting and almost finacailly ruined, I got my day in workmans compensation court. I accepted a LUMPSUM payment. I faxed MetLife all the paperwork from my settlment in Aug of 2008. They finally called me back in Oct 2008, telling me that I would not receive any more payments from them until I payed them back $40,000.00. This was 85% of my lumpsum payment. My workmans Compensation award was supposed to last me the rest of my life. MetLifes MANY DIFFERENT OVERPAYMENT people told me that they were going to withhold my monthly payments and apply them to this OVERPAYMENT until it was satisfied. On Dec, 2009 I was awarded my Socail Security. I called MetLifes OVERPAYMENT center right away to find out the balance on my overpayment. They told me and even sent me a following letter stating that I still owed them 14,640.00 as of Dec. 2009! Then in Feb 2010, while Im waiting for my SSI Award letter, MetLife sends me another letter stating that I still owe them $40,000.00! And they never ONCE subtracted any of the 17 payments they told me they were subtracting from my workmans Compensation OVERPAYMENT. They even had the nerve to tell me that they UNDERSTAND MY POINT, but I still owe them what they say I do! I have noticed one thing about MetLife, they do all there business over the phone and most of America has to deal with MetLife INDIA. People who you can hardly understand and just have this I DONT CARE ATTITUDE! MetLife LTD Insurance should be renamed to MetLife Long Term Disability LOAN SHARK ORG.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2010 09:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MetLife-LTD/internet/MetLife-LTD-MeltLife-LTD-Lied-to-me-Internet-603935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MetLife LTD

#1 General Comment

AUTHOR: SonjaKathryna - (United States of America)

Hi, my name is Sonja, & Im with the disability rights group from Sokolove Law.  We have been reviewing thousands of potential claims where insurance companies refuse long-term disability  benefits to someone who has a legitimate claim. Too often, legitimate claims are denied because insurance companies look for every possible legal and technical angle available that will allow them to deny a valid claim. When an insurer does not live up to its end of the contract, they act on what is called bad faith.

For folks interested in learning more about bad faith practices of insurance companies, there is great information available at http://awe.sm/5o82i . If your claim has been rejected, I want you to know your rights and options. Call our office toll-free at 800-581-6943 to learn about your options and receive a free legal consultation.