Complaint Review: MetLife Securities

• Submitted: Thu, May 21, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 22, 2009

• Reported By:Overland Park Kansas
MetLife Securities
10801 Mastin Overland Park, Kansas U.S.A.

MetLife Securities Pressure Tactics and Dishonesty Overland Park Kansas

*Consumer Comment: Next time you'll be prepared.

Be wary of doing any business with MetLife Securities, especially the Overland Park, KS, office. They pressured me into a rollover IRA change I did not particularly want, telling me it was my only option and that I needed to make an immediate decision or the offer would go away, then they waited 12 business days to place the transaction. Their actions have cost me thousands of dollars of retirement funds.

The MetLife ethics department has offered me some hush money, which I may or may not accept. Their excuse for taking so long? It takes time to process the application .... and I was an existing customer!

They lied to me and deceived me. I may be stuck with them for 10 years, but don't make my mistake. Stay very, very, very far away from them.

Sharon
Overland Park, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2009 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MetLife-Securities/Overland-Park-Kansas-66210/MetLife-Securities-Pressure-Tactics-and-Dishonesty-Overland-Park-Kansas-454255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MetLife Securities

Next time you'll be prepared.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

There is no reason to be pressured into something you don't want. If you don't want it, just tell them. They work for you.

"They pressured me into a rollover IRA change I did not particularly want, telling me it was my only option and that I needed to make an immediate decision or the offer would go away"

Oddly enough, this is exactly the same approach that scammers and sleazy car salesmen use. Next time you hear that a particular product is your only option and you must "act now" or lose out, know that you're being had. Honest brokers do not work that way.

By the way, if you've got a rollover IRA account in MetLife's securities division, what's holding you there? Assuming they haven't locked you into some crazy annuity, you should be able to transfer a securities account to a more reputable broker with very little fuss.