Complaint Review: MetaBank

• Updated: Sat, November 14, 2009

• Reported By: engold56 — Chester Virginia United States of America
MetaBank
P. O. Box 71402 Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

MetaBank MetaBank Collected $106.00 toward debit card purchases, allowed $25.00 worth of purchases rippedoff $86.00 Salt Lake City, Utah

I purchased an Only1 prepaid debit card for gasoline purchases to avoid using my bank checkcard and to pay at the pumps. The card I purchased was a $100.00 card. The total cost was  $106.00 at the register. The following morning I tried to use the card at the pumps only to discover the card was only good for in store purchases. I prepaid for $20.00 worth of gas and decided to spend the balance immediately and eliminate the card. Imagine my surprise when 30 minutes later at the checkout I discovered the balance on the card was $5. Thats right!!! I paid $106.00 for a card with a purchase value of $25.00
I was ripped off for $86.00

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2009 07:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MetaBank/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84171/MetaBank-MetaBank-Collected-10600-toward-debit-card-purchases-allowed-2500-worth-of-p-523593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MetaBank