Complaint Review: MetaBank

• Submitted: Sat, August 27, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, August 27, 2011

• Reported By: Vu — Fridley Minnesota United States of America
MetaBank

MetaBank Account Now Bad service, Irresponsible, Causing hundreds in fees. Internet, Internet

I've been using Account Now mastercard with Metabank for a couple of years with no problems. Up until recently someone outside of the country supposedly used about 300 dollars on my card somehow. This is what they told me. I called in and waited for 30 minutes just to cancel my card and was told I would get a new card in 7 to 10 days. I had to file a dispute report form and fax it in to them also. They told me that my automatic withdrawals from my car insurance company would not be affected and also my work direct deposit would not be affected. Meanwhile, my account was "restricted" and I couldn't even use my 800 dollars that was sitting there. Two weeks later, I'm broke with no gas money to get to work, no money to buy food, all my bills late and late fees adding up, STILL NO CARD ! So I called back to ask where my card was and they told me that there is no record of a card being issued. I was on break at work so I couldn't do anything about it. It was on a Friday two weeks later and I also noticed that my paycheck was not deposited in my account. So I called back on Saturday right when they opened and talked to a supervisor. Today ( saturday ) they told me that my card was being processed to be sent out and will be there in 7 to 10 days. I told them that's what they said 10 days ago. I have no money and my bills are late and my paycheck is not deposited, what is going on ? They finally expedited my new card and waived the 40 dollar fee. That's after I freaked out on them when they told me that there will be a fee for a card that I was promised 10 days ago. But now, I have accrued about 200 dollars in late fees for my late bills, missing a whole paycheck because it was rejected due to the restriction on the account so now I have to wait 5 business days on my new check, broke, hungry, no money for the whole weekend after I have been broke for 10 days. And all they could do for me was say "we are so sorry for the inconvenience." Unbelievable. So we'll see if I even get my card on Tuesday. If I don't starve to death by then.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2011 07:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MetaBank/internet/MetaBank-Account-Now-Bad-service-Irresponsible-Causing-hundreds-in-fees-Internet-Inter-769868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MetaBank