Complaint Review: MetaBank/Netspend.com

• Updated: Tue, August 06, 2013

• Reported By: Lorey Nelson — Zephyrhills Florida
MetaBank/Netspend.com
P.O.Box 2136 , Austin USA

MetaBank/Netspend.com CEO,Dan Henry available at ceodan@netspend.com refund owed to Social Security from acct.#5113 1765 2734 2811/exp10-15,3 phone calls and no refund,this started 7/5- 8/6.told 10 business day wud have my money,they lied! MetaBank,P.O.Box 9018,Coppell,TX 75019-9018 Austin Texas

*UPDATE Employee: NetSpend

Started on 7/5/13 ,called Netspend and asked them who opened up this mastercard acct. they told me that I did.I told them that I didn't open the acct,and that I wanted the money that was deposited by Social Security to be returned to Social Security,as requested through Social Security so that they could reissue me a check in the amount of $35.00.

I was told that they would do that and it would take 10 business days to recieve the money,then I recieved a call from Netspend in 7/6/13,to tell me that policy won't let them refund Social Security their money and that they would send the money only to me at my home address.. I argued with Lyn,Emp.#74830,I asked her for her last name and she told me that policy won't allow her to give me her last name .

Called 8/5/13,got Lyn again,same results talking to her so I asked to  talk to a manager. Was told tht the manager was too busy to talk to me and that she is resending sed check of $35.00 to my address,again I told her tht she had to return it to Social Security and tht I was going to call Social Security and let them handle the matter in whatever way they seem fit.

You can't tell the government that they cannot get their money back,they will take whatever action they need to to get their money back,to expect a call from them.And left it at that,she insisted that the money will be sent to my address but they don't refund money....have read BBB reports on them...MetaBank has a rating of an "F"!

Thank you for your time in reading this report and I hope tht something can be done with getting my money sent back to Social Security,so that I can get another check issued soon,really need tht check!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2013 08:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MetaBankNetspendcom/Austin-Texas/MetaBankNetspendcom-CEODan-Henry-available-at-ceodannetspendcom-refund-owed-to-Socia-1073443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MetaBank/Netspend.com

NetSpend

AUTHOR: NetSpend Corporation - ()

We apologize for the problems you have experienced with our service and your refund check.

We understand that you did not apply for your account or set up your direct deposit from Social Security.  We would appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this and we request that you send your information to feedback@netspend.com.  We will make sure this is taken care of promptly.

NetSpend