Complaint Review: Metabank

• Updated: Fri, August 15, 2014

• Reported By: Philosophermoon — Wellsville New York
Metabank
3448 Westown Parkway West Des Moines, Iowa USA

Metabank Netspend Though they promised to review ATM footage from the CA. bank which is more than 2000 mi away, they denied my fraud claim and made me pay for the withdral from Wells Fargo, Temple City, CA West Des Moines Iowa

I was alerted by Netspend, the cash card co. on which I receive my direct deposite, in June, that someone had attempted to withdraw 180.00 from my account out in L.A. CA..  They successfully stopped this attempt and contacted me.  The money was saved.  After being notified of such a fraud attempt, I reviewed my account statement to make sure there were no more unauthorized withdrawls, upon which I discovered the June 7, 12.25 A.M. withdrawl of 63.00

I immediately filed a claim through email of all things giving them as much information as I could to suggest it was not possible for me to be in Temple City CA> and I had in fact never seen a Wells Fargo even in my area.  They promised to investigate and rule on this.  Recently, I noticed the temporarily replaced 63.00, now once again removed and the case noted as closed.

I was promised ATM camera footage would be part of the investigation which gave me hope because I knew the person who would appear on the camera would not be me.  Nothing further of this promise or of any review of camera footage from the Temple City ATM has been mentioned and I have been accused of making this withdrawl.

Wells Fargo has expressed interest in helping me to some extent, but I would have to come in in person, and not having a car, this is very difficult.  I will persue search for a Wells Fargo near enough that I can visit that branch, but otherwise, I have been abandoned and may experience the loss of the 63.00 (I am guessing the withdrawl would need to be a multiple of $20.00 and was really for $60.00 with the extra $3.00 being a fee incurred for the withdrawl.)

I have not left the Allegany County NY area for a very long time.  I have never been to Temple City CA.  There can not be any plain tickets purchased under my name to Temple City, CA., I know the ATM camera footage must show someone else taking the money out.  I probably have evidence of my presence in the local post office here in Wellsville NY.early that day leaving packages to be shipped, may even have been recognized by the clerks.  There might be some kind of report available, I hope so, of the location from which I made cell calls that day, if so, we have it.  Somebody please help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2014 02:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metabank-/-West-Des-Moines-Iowa-50266/Metabank-Netspend-Though-they-promised-to-review-ATM-footage-from-the-CA-bank-which-is-1170036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metabank