Complaint Review: Metabank

• Submitted: Wed, January 16, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: Ihateks — Santa Ana California U.S.A.
Metabank

Metabank Problems with Amazon purchase Internet

For years, I've used reputable survey sites to earn points towards rewards, including gift cards. This past December (2012), I recieved a American Express debit card preloaded with $75; Ihad no problems using it to buy merchandise online. But I did have trouble with a Visa debit card preloaded with $50. I used the Amex to buy a music CD, some books and a backpack from Amazon, but when I attempted to buy a waistpack from Amazon, using the Visa, they kept telling me the payment was being declined. I went to the site, registered my card, emailed them about the problem--no answer, and I'm referring to the Metabank site--and still they won't release my funds. Amazon has been amazingly patient with me, and helpful, as I keep them in the loop. I contacted the survey site that issued the card, and they are apologetic. I have two days to send Amazon money to buy the waistpurse or they will cancel the sale--I can't blame them. There's not enough money on the Amex, issued by the one survey site, to cover the cost of the waistpurse. After reading some of these reports on Metabank, I don't think it's worth it to call them--I hate being on hold or doing voicemail, and don't care to talk to a non-American. I will definately warn the survey site to never use Metabank again. Hopefully I can get something else with the points I earned, and can return the card since it's obviously useless. This has been going on for more than two weeks. It's not fair, period, especially to the issuer and to Amazon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2013 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metabank/internet/Metabank-Problems-with-Amazon-purchase-Internet-998026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metabank