• Report: #194570

• Submitted: Sat, June 03, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 08, 2006

• Reported By:WHITE PLAINS New York
Metabofuel
Savoy6, 1020 S0. 250 East, Provo, Utah U.S.A.

Metabofuel ripoff, dishones fraudulent billing Provo Utah

*Author of original report: I do not know how they can dispute something I did not receive.

I ordered the free bottle of Metabofuel and paid for the S&H.

When I received my credid card bill I saw a charge for $207.85 for Metabofuel with a phone number next to it. I called and a recorded voice said if I was calling for Metabofuel, that this was the wrong number and they gave me 1-800-810-1017. I called and the person that answered said she was only the operator and could only take my phone number and someone would call me back. I waited a while and called again. I spoke with another person and wanted to know what this charge was for since I only ordered one free bottle. She stated that I did not cancel my membership - never joined any membership - she also stated that they sent me 4 bottled of Metabofuel which I never received - charge on credit card bill was 5/8 and I was in France until 5/24 and my neighbor collected my mail and there was no package.

I cancelled any further shipments and was told I would be charged $59.00 for my free bottle since I cancelled. I called my credit card company and am disputing it. Also told them about your web site and to look it up. They were amazed that they were still in business and not in jail. I was also told by credit card company that if the $59.00 appears on my next statement, to call them and they will take care of it. In the meantime, I am going to write to the Attorney General of Utah, Better Business Bureau of Utah and a few other agencies in Utah.

Thank you for your web site. I thought I mistakenly overlooked something, now I know I did not. I am not going to pay them and will fight it. I suggest that anyone else who fell for this scam (the product does not work) do not pay and if you did pay I suggest you write letters-certified to the property authorities in Utah and enclose copies of other complaints and they may be able to get your monies back.

Raymond
WHITE PLAINS, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2006 06:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metabofuel/Provo-Utah-84606/Metabofuel-ripoff-dishones-fraudulent-billing-Provo-Utah-194570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metabofuel

I do not know how they can dispute something I did not receive.

AUTHOR: Raymond - (U.S.A.)

I am still disputing the charges for Metabofuel with my credit card company. My credit card company sent me a finance charge and I called and told them that this matter was still in dispute. They told me that Metabofuel is also disputing this. I do not know how they can dispute something I did not receive.