drunk

• Updated: Sat, February 02, 2008

• Reported By:Chatham Ontario
Metal And Ink Tatooing
Chatham Chatham, Ontario Canada

Metal and Ink Metal and Tatooing rip-off! They gave my boyfriend an infection and the wrong tatoo! Chatham Ontario

*Consumer Comment: Hm...

*Consumer Suggestion: if you're not a tattoo artist you can't self diagnose

*Consumer Comment: i see no real evidence to back these claims

*Consumer Comment: You can always get it redone

*Consumer Suggestion: My faded out tattoo story

*Author of original report: Bad tatooing a lot of scaring and bleeding

My Fiancee went there and he got his tattoo. Now he is suffering from a infection. The kid name is Jeremy Blue. If I was anyone to get a tatoo. I wouldn't get it from Jeremy Blue that is in Chatham. He doesn't clean the guns after tatooing people. My Fiancee had to pay up front which I don't think is fair that he had to pay a hundred dollars which cost him pain and suffering because He has a tatoo on his arm which is not the right tatoo that he asked for. It was a rushed job. Be careful who you get your tatoo from

This is what the tatoo looks like now. The skin is growing over top of the tatoo which it shouldn't

Tracey
Chatham, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2004 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metal-And-Ink-Tatooing/Chatham-Ontario/Metal-and-Ink-Metal-and-Tatooing-rip-off-They-gave-my-boyfriend-an-infection-and-the-wron-90750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metal And Ink Tatooing

Hm...

AUTHOR: Beth - (U.S.A.)

I don't understand how you can receive the "wrong" tattoo. First, you should always check the stencil before you actually get tattooed. And it also appears that the tattoo is on his arm, which is visible to the person getting it done, so he should've seen him do something he didn't want. I'm not saying he did a good job; I haven't seen the tattoo, but I'm really sick of hearing people say they got the wrong tattoo or it's improperly placed, et cetera. Your responsibility is to make sure your tattoo is exactly how you want it before it's applied.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

if you're not a tattoo artist you can't self diagnose

AUTHOR: Truth Hurts - (U.S.A.)

from the picture it looks as if the tattoo got picked at, scratched or stuck to the bandage or bed sheets. these things can happen. and yes, the skin is supposed to grow back over the tattoo. but if there is color loss it can be easilly touched up. did you contact your tattoo artist to look at it before you freaked out? or did you seek the advice of those who know nothing about the industry.

i see no real evidence to back these claims

AUTHOR: Farmer - (U.S.A.)

i see an attack on an artist with no real information backing up these claims.the pic is blurry,so i couldnt tell if he went to deep and had blow out from the ink spreading under the skin. we also dont know what type of aftercare the alleged victim used. it was the customers duty to check out the artists portfolio and the type of work he does." buyer beware" as they say

also- scarring is common and some people are more at risk from scarring with reactions to red and blue pigments.ive had pieces done that showed scarring the first three months due to my reaction to the colors.it went away eventually.raised black lines are due to the pigments particles expanding with heat and irritation also. this subsides when the irritation or heat is not present

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Tracey-
From the picture you sent in, I would not classify the man who gave the tattoo as an artist. In the tattoo industry he would be considered a "scratcher", in other words, a wannabe that has not taken the time to learn proper techniques.
I work and am a partner in a tattoo studio in Texas. I have seen numerous tattoos like your fiance's, unfortunately. Contrary to the popular belief, or outdated, whichever you prefer, the color is coming out, the details are not there, and the line work is bad due to the machine (NEVER a GUN!! Guns kill...tattoo machines produce art!!) being turned up to high and the artist using too much pressure. In order for a tattoo to "take", the ink is normally put into the 3rd to 4th layer of the skin. If it is put in deeper than that, the body attacks it, causing scar tissue, fading, infections, allergic reactions, "bleeding" of the lines, and the list goes on!!! If it is put in too shallow, the fading and "bleeding" of the lines will also occur, usually without the infection and other problems.
It looks to me like your fiance has some scar tissue involved with his tattoo. While there is no complete "cure" for this, there are steps he can take. What we suggest to our clients with similiar work is to take pure vitamin E oil and at least 2 times daily, massage the tattoo and surrounding area as hard/deep as can be tolerated. After doing this for two to six months, the skin should be in the right condition for a cover-up to be done.
This brings us to a whole other area. Cover-ups are no longer limited to the timeless black cat/panther or tribal. My suggestion to you is to do research on artist in the area. By this, I mean to go into the studio, talk to the artist and the other employees. Ask to see the portfolio of the artist's work, in your case, especially the cover-ups he/she has done in the past. If at all possible see some of their work on actual skin. There is nothing wrong with going to talk to several artists about this matter. Choose the one you feel most comfortable working with. Yes, I said WITH. A legitimate artist will work with his/her client's needs, not force the client to work with the artist's needs. Feel free to ask questions about the sterilization process the studio uses, if in doubt ask to see the sterilizers. The more like a hospital it is, the better! In other words, take your time, don't rush into it, or you may end up with a cover-up that is just as bad, if not worse than the existing piece. One last bit of info, don't be surprised at what the cover-up will cost. In most artist's eyes, they may have done the original for $100, and would have given you a beautiful piece of work. BUT, when that artist has to try and perform his art on a canvas that (in my eyes) has been mutilated, it takes much more skill and understanding of the skin, colors to use, and shading techniques. Therefore, don't be surprised when you learn that a quality cover-up will run your fiance from $200 on up (probably up).
I am sorry that your fiance had to suffer the pain and humiliation of poorly done work. Untrained people like the man that did that tattoo is what gives our wonderful industry such a bad reputation!!

#5 Consumer Suggestion

#6 Consumer Suggestion

#7 Consumer Suggestion

Good luck on all your future body art!!

You can always get it redone

AUTHOR: Adam - (U.S.A.)

My friend is a tattoo artist and he is pretty good, i read this and he reccomended to keep it nice and moist using some sort of non fragrand, non colored skin lotion and keep it out of the sun and then when the infection clears i would have it redone, because its gonna be there for a long time and you want it to at least look good, even if it cost you some more money and ask your friends with good tats where they got theres make sure you go to somebody credible, don't let any old hick tattoo you, i hope this can help.

#9 Consumer Suggestion

My faded out tattoo story

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

Hi Tracey. I got a tat on my chest back in 1978 or '79 and in a very short time I lost all the color out of it. I've talked with other tattoo artists since then and they have all told me that the lady who did mine didn't use enough pressure with the gun. That, in turn, didn't get the ink far enough under the skin so it would stay there and it all came back out before it had time to heal. *sigh*

To this day I remember the intense pain and bleeding I went thru as she gave me the tattoo. Getting it felt like I had 100 wasps all stinging me over and over again for the half hour it took her to do it. While I would like to get the colors redone one day, I hate the thought of going thru that pain again!

Once your fianc is totally healed, he may want to find a another tattoo artist and see what it would cost him to have it redone, so it looks the way he wants it to. Judging by the picture you put up, it looks to me as if he is going thru the same thing I did and getting faded color. I'd suggest asking people you see with really nice tats where they had theirs done and then go to that shop.

I had my husband take a picture of my tat and will send it to the EDitor to be put up. The inside of my butterfly used to be yellow, red and purple. Today all I have is the outline, all the color is gone. :( The living tattoo on my shoulder in the picture is named Cleo. LOL. She is always on me during my waking hours and when I saw he got her in the picture, I cropped it a bit bigger then I normally would have and hope you get a smile out of it.

Bad tatooing a lot of scaring and bleeding

AUTHOR: Tracey - (Canada)

my Fiancee has a lot of scaring and bleeding. I hope everyone comes to there senses and not use them.