Complaint Review: Metris Card

Metris Card
unknown Internet United States of America

Metris Card Direct Merchants Bank, Charged me 8999.00 for nothing!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Confused

I received a letter from Dynamic Recovery systems for a Metris Credit Card which I never had stating that I owed 8,999.33 for something, again don't know. I called and the man on the phone refused to give me any information, instead he began threatening me and telling me exactly what I was going to do and at that point I said"Have a nice day" and hung up.

First of all let me start by saying THERE IS NO DEBTORS PRISON!!!!! If these or any other company starts to threaten you into paying please remember that. I have been an officer for many years and in many line of law enforcement and I've see cases go to court and all the judge says is"Well I guess he owes this much and he will pay it if he can" And that's it.

With all the government bail outs most of the "Legitimate" companies have been paid off, now they feel that they can scare even more money out of people just for profits.

Send people realistic payment offers and if they owe and can pay I'm sure they will.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2011 05:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metris-Card/internet/Metris-Card-Direct-Merchants-Bank-Charged-me-899900-for-nothing-Internet-784726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metris Card

Confused

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

What exactly is this report about?

You start off complaining that they are telling you owe $8,999 for something you know nothing about.  But then you go off on having to only pay what you can afford.

So are you complaining that this isn't your debt or that you can't afford to pay the $8,999?