Complaint Review: Metris

• Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: Lilly — Wichita Kansas United States of America
Metris
8020 corporate drive Baltimore, Maryland United States of America

Metris Had northland group harass me in 2012 about a supposed credit card debt of $17,000 that was opened in 1998 and went into collections in 2002 Baltimore, Maryland

*Consumer Comment: i will hide from my bills

I received a letter from the Northland Group, who is supposedly a legitimate debt collector, about a debt of $17000 I supposedly owe a place called Metris. This so-called debt is for $17,000 and was supposedly incurred in 1998 and went into collections in 2002. When I went to get a car loan in 2010, this was not on my credit report. The guy at Northland was rude and aggressive. He said I had paid on this account for six years. How is this possible if the account was opened in 1998 and went into collections in 2002? He also tried to tell me I had opened another account in 2005. When I told him I didn't open any accounts in 2005, he said he didn't say 2005, that that is what I heard and not what he said. I said I supposedly owe this much money and they are just now getting around to collecting it. What a joke. I said I would call a lawyer and I said goodbye. I looked up the statute of limitations on a credit card debt for the state of Kansas and it is five years. I sent the Northland Group a Christmas card with their account number for me and told them the statute of limitations was five years and if they ever harassed me again by phone or mail, I would sue them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 04:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metris/Baltimore-Maryland-21236/Metris-Had-northland-group-harass-me-in-2012-about-a-supposed-credit-card-debt-of-17000-982256. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metris

i will hide from my bills

AUTHOR: why not pay your bills and stop whi - (United States of America)

So you hid from your debt and now your whining that it won't go away...lol what a fail