Complaint Review: Metro Bank - Commerce Bank

• Submitted: Fri, July 10, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 15, 2010

• Reported By:Palmyra Pennsylvania
Metro Bank - Commerce Bank
All Locations-Pennsylvania Hershey, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Metro Bank - Commerce Bank I know I won't be the last to complain but let me be the first! All Locations-Hershey Pennsylvania

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Ex-Employee

*Consumer Suggestion: Same result

Metro Bank has charged me many insufficient funds fees when the money I was spending was already sitting in the bank. The most recent occurence happened just today and it sent me over the edge!

I have my payroll checks directly deposited into my Metro Bank account bi-weekly. I always call on Friday morning just to make sure the money went in, so I call today and my money was there. At around 3:30 this afternoon I went to use my Visa debit card for some food, which cost around 12 dollars. I get home at 9pm to check my account online before I go to bed like I've recently started to do because of so many errors, and notice that my debit of 12 dollars came out before the credit of my payroll check direct deposit.

I have called many times to get these issues resolved and I always get the same answer. They take my name and number to give to their manager so he can call me back and I never get a call back. Furthermore, when I call back the next day, they say they have no record or message that I even called! How is this legal?!

I opened a new account with a new bank today and it is only a matter of time before I can get my direct deposit to that account so I can close my Metro Bank account. Actually the bank I'm going to is PNC Bank and I told them my horror stories and they actually are going to pay me 2 of the insuffient funds that Metro Bank charged me back when my first direct deposit goes through, (75 dollars). So I am VERY happy with my new bank already as they are taking care of Metro Banks errors although they shouldn't have to, they are. They say that many Metro Bank customers, who were happy with Commerce Bank but not Metro Bank, are making the switch to a different bank.

Fairnsquare
Palmyra, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2009 07:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-Bank-Commerce-Bank/Hershey-Pennsylvania-17033/Metro-Bank-Commerce-Bank-I-know-I-wont-be-the-last-to-complain-but-let-me-be-the-first-468442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro Bank - Commerce Bank

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Ex-Employee

AUTHOR: Lauren - (United States of America)

While working at Commerce Bank, I noticed a lot of flawed practices. People expect their money to be protected by tellers. However, some tellers don't pay attention to the details. i.e. special instructions; A non-customer came in to cash a check from an account we held. There were special instructions on that account. I called the branch that put them there to ask for more details. Their response? "I don't know anything more than what it says. They are from 2000, I can remove them." I told her that she need not do that. That I would call the customer and ask them for proper instructions. I did just that and the customer came into the bank. I informed the customer that he might want to either have the instructions removed, or have them updated, as the other branch was going to take them off without his permission. He went and had them updated. And to think they would have just been taken off and disregarded. This customer could have lost a lot of money. Another example; A non-customer came in to cash a check from an account we held. I went to verify the signature on the check against the one in our system and it didn't look quite right to me. I took it to my higher up and she suggested I call the customer. I did so and the customer told me they had not written that check and in fact, were missing a few checks out of their book. It was quite a large check. I had the non-customers ID when I walked back to the teller line and the non-customer was nowhere to be found. When the customer came in, they found they were thousands of dollars short in their account. And the other branches are the ones who were cashing these checks for the non-customer! Turns out, the non-customer was living in the customers home and stealing their checks. Doesn't anyone know how to compare a simple signature? It's appalling how much people don't pay attention when working with other peoples' money. Make sure you are paying attention to your accounts. I'm not sure about the whole paycheck/ using your card thing, as they have changed since they are now MetroBank. And to the person who commented above me. Not a lot of people carry cash anymore. I actually never carry cash. And where I bank now pays me .05 cents every time I use the credit part of my debit card. Still comes right out of my account. It isn't much, but it certainly adds up! So there's no real reason for me to carry cash. Good luck with getting this settled. Try going into a branch and talking to the branch manager/CSR. They ought to know how to help you.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Same result

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

If you keep doing what you did at the first bank, you will have trouble at the enw bank too. FIrst of all, KEEP A REGISTER. Second, why are you using a debit card for $12.00? Pay cash. Learn prober money management and you will not get any nsf's. The ONLY true balance is the one in your register.