Complaint Review: Metro Cleveland Security

• Reported By: Valor — Rittman Ohio USA
Metro Cleveland Security
5627 Memphis Ave. Cleveland, Ohio United States of America

Metro Cleveland Security RIP OFF! Cleveland, Ohio

I went to work for Metro Cleveland Security in August of 2012. They're a two-bit little security guard company in Brooklyn. I worked there for 4 months. They posted me to guard a drug rehab clinic in downtown Akron. They ripped me off nearly every pay check. Every 2 weeks, I would have to drive all the way to Cleveland to pick up my check, because they're too cheap to mail employees their checks, and have never heard of direct deposit. Nearly every check had "deductions" for God-knows-what. When I asked about them, they said it was going towards the "deposit" on my uniform which they provided. Yet, they were unable to tell me how much they would take. They assured me that it would be returned if I stopped working there, and returned the uniform. Nearly every paycheck was always wrong. Either the hours would be wrong, or the rate, or something. I felt like I was constantly being ripped off there. When I would complain about it, they would give me dirty looks and tell me to come back later, because they're too busy. Then, a week before Christmas, they called me up and said I was fired because they heard that I asked the business I was guarding if there was anyway I could possibly be hired in there directly, so I wouldn't have to deal with Metro any more. They also said they decided to fire me because I was always complaining about my checks being wrong (as if that's somehow my fault that their payroll staff don't know basic math???). I returned the uniform, and a week later, I picked up my refund for my "deposit". I added up all my deductions, which equals over $250. The refund check was for $61. There are lots of other security companies out there to work for. So, take my advice and don't work for these scammers. They're a major rip-off and a major pain in the ass to work for!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2012 06:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-Cleveland-Security/Cleveland-Ohio-44144/Metro-Cleveland-Security-RIP-OFF-Cleveland-Ohio-988746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro Cleveland Security