Complaint Review: Metro Entertainment

• Reported By: Helen Godson — Henley on Thames United Kingdom
Metro Entertainment
75 Gerber Road East South Windsor, Connecticut United States of America

Metro Entertainment Rip off on ticket price South Windsor, Connecticut

I ordered a $97 Met Opera ticket from Metro Entertainment (who have nothing to do with the Met Opera). I tried to pay using my credit card to give me consumer protection, but the site rejected my credit card so I had to use a debit card. With handling fee and postage the amount I paid was $132.37.

When it arrived, the ticket had a face value of $49.50. I queried this with Metro Entertainment who said I was purchasing on the "secondary market" and that this market was determined by the supply and demand for the tickets which could lead to the market value being higher than the face value. They said I knew this when I was buying from them, which I categorically denied.

I asked them either to refund the difference between $97 and $49.50 or to get the Met Opera to issue me with a $97 ticket - which they refused to do.

I am going to see if I can lodge a complaint via my bank, but of course the funds have already left my account. I feel this cheating the public.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2011 04:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-Entertainment/South-Windsor-Connecticut-CT06074/Metro-Entertainment-Rip-off-on-ticket-price-South-Windsor-Connecticut-804021. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro Entertainment