Complaint Review: Metro Fences

• Updated: Sun, December 30, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — Tampa Florida United States of America
Metro Fences
Tampa, Florida United States of America

Metro Fences City Fence Metro Fences did a bad job installing my fence. I have had multiple issues and made several appointments with the owner "Adam" to fix the issues and he never showed or repaired Tampa, Florida

*Consumer Comment: From A Fence Company's Perspective

*Consumer Comment: Customer comment

*Consumer Comment: Just used Metro Fences 2012: EXTREMELY SATISFIED!!!! Don't believe these bad reviews, read mine!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: competitor ?

I had a fence installed by Metro Fences and was told I would have a lifetime warranty. I had issues from day 1 with cracked boards, sagging gates, busted irrigation pipes. I made several appointments with the owner "Adam" to fix the issues and he never showed for any!!! It has only been a few months now and my fence looks horrible. They used 2 completely diffierent fences on my property. I don't even think they used concrete on all the post.

He pulled a permit under a different company name. He post false reviews about his company and makes it look like he has multiple offices and locations. He is nothing but a con man that will take your cash and run!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2011 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-Fences/-Tampa-Florida-/Metro-Fences-City-Fence-Metro-Fences-did-a-bad-job-installing-my-fence-I-have-had-multipl-695461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro Fences

From A Fence Company's Perspective

AUTHOR: Dave - (United States of America)

I own a fence company in Georgia; Lawrenceville Fence Company. If Metro Fence does business as they state, no money down, they are true, legitimate businessmen. I have been in business for more than 30 years and I never take any money down. I agree with Metro Fence  --  if the customer did not pay any money up front, and had to apparently be happy with the fence prior to paying for the fence in full, something is not right. My first guess would be that the complaint, if you can call it that, more than likely is from a competitor. Anybody can post anything on the Internet.

Customer comment

AUTHOR: Jdwiggintin - (United States of America)

I used Metro and they did a great job. I normally do this kind of work myself so I didn't want to spend the money. Very happy I did. Happy enough to type this response. Happy fencing!

AUTHOR: archifx - (United States of America)

We just used Metro Fences to install 400 Linear Feet of custom built board on board fence at our property in Odessa. Ill admit, I was a bit sketchy on using Adam after reading some of this bad online reviews but I went ahead and hired Metro Fences of Tampa to install my fence because they have a 0 money down satisfaction guarantee before you pay. I thought to myself; if they do a terrible job, I'll send them away without losing any money.

Adam not only installed my fence in 1 and a half days, but they are some of the neatest workers I have ever had out at my property. They clean up EVERY bit of their mess as they work and even rolled up our hose at the end of the day. Their quality is exceptional.

They built a truly stick built on site board over board privacy fence that uses all pressure treated lumber by YellaWood and each 4x4 post has a bag of concrete at the base... EVERY POST! The stringers are built of 3 pressure treated true 2x4's and attached with some of the best screws on the market. The pressure treated pickets are attached one by one using a special galvanized ring-shank hot dipped 1.5" nail.

I am providing photos of their progress on my report and want to show off what they did at my home. I cannot stand false complaints and Adam is absolutely a man of his word. He arrived early and stayed till 1:00pm to finish the job. Metro Fences is committed to 100% satisfaction. Their work speaks for itself! Look at my photos, you will be a believer!

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

competitor ?

AUTHOR: METRO FENCES OWNER - (USA)

we at metro fences would do no such thing,if you are an unhappy consumer please reply with your contact information.at this time we have no reported service calls or unhappy customers.if you have a problem with your fence we will be glad to handle the issue.our no money down policy was designed to speak for itself and we would not expect you to pay for a fence that you were not happy with.we install every fence for no money down and dont understand if your not happy with your fence then why would you pay when in the contract it states ( pay nothing untill 100% satisfied and if your a real customer i have on file your signature saying that your 100% satisfied ?????

again,if you are a real customer and not a competitor please come forward with your identity so that we may resolve your issues.my name is adam and im the owner.contact numbers and email addresses are listed on our website.

ADAM / METRO FENCES