Complaint Review: Metro Motorsports

• Submitted: Thu, July 17, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 17, 2008

• Reported By:glendale Arizona
Metro Motorsports
51st Ave And Bell Rd. Glendale, Arizona U.S.A.

Metro Motorsports Overpriced hype! Glendale Arizona

After the price of gas exploded upwards, I went in search of a scooter. I found Metro Motorsports online and called them about their selection. I went there and found a Yamaha Vino I thought was nice. I saw the price tag was $1949. The salesman informed me since it was a 50cc I didn't need a motorcycle license, which was untrue because I called DMV beforehand and found out if it goes over 25mph, it is required. I tried to finance, but failed. Before talking to the bank, I called and asked the salesman how much I would need to borrow. He stated $2900.

A couple of days later, I called about why so much...I was told it was for shipping, assembly, taxes....blah blah blah. Ok, I checked online. Most shipping charges are $220. The only thing needing to be assembled is the battery, and rearview mirrors, plus handles have to be straightened out. Taxes and registration, maybe $200. So, does that mean it costs $580 to do the miniscule tightening of nuts of bolts? They are so full of it!

My secret
glendale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2008 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-Motorsports/Glendale-Arizona/Metro-Motorsports-Overpriced-hype-Glendale-Arizona-352362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro Motorsports