Complaint Review: Metro PCS & Samsung

• Submitted: Wed, August 31, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, August 31, 2011

• Reported By: Andrew — Sarasota Florida USA
Metro PCS & Samsung

Metro PCS & Samsung Sold Us 2 New Defective Samsung Galaxy Indulge SCHR910 Cell Phones & Will Not Honor 1 Yr Repair Guarantee Carol Stream IL, Plano TX, Internet

I purchased 2 New Samsung Indulge 4G Cell Phones in May 2011. They work when they want to. Usually after receiving a call they get very hot and either lock up or turn off. You have to wait a few minutes then restart the phone. Sometimes you try to answer an incomming call the display starts to flip windows and you can not answer the call. If you make a long call say 20 minutes it the cell phone gets super hot, also when you watch a movie or play on the internet. My problem happened when I was talking to my daugther for 30 minutes, my cell phone got super hot, when my daugther hung up my phone made a crackel noise and shut off.

After 10 minutes I restarted it but noticed the display had lines in it. As the phone was used and the touch pad was pressed the cracks gor worse. I took it back to Metro Pcs thay told me to use mr insurance to replace it @ $130.00 cost or send it to Samaung. I sent it to Samsung and they wanted to charge me $180.00 to replace the touch pad and that was not repairing the heat up or shut off problem. I told Samsung to take the phone nicely where they could put it. So they are returning it to me broken. I found a new replacment touchpad online for $39.95 with free shipping, so where did they come up with $180.00 repair. This pad is easy to replace. We had 3 phones on Metro Pcs noe in the garbage we switch to a new courier. Be careful when using Samaung Cell Phone if you put them in your purse or pocket they break! What a joke ha ha.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2011 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-PCS-Samsung/internet/Metro-PCS-Samsung-Sold-Us-2-New-Defective-Samsung-Galaxy-Indulge-SCHR910-Cell-Phones--771519. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro PCS & Samsung