Complaint Review: Metro PCS

• Submitted: Thu, April 11, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, April 11, 2013

• Reported By: FB with DH Fan — Upland California
Metro PCS
Metro PCS Campaign 13-42141 El-Paso Texas. El-Paso, Texas United States of America

Metro PCS Rebate Ripoff and Stonewall Tactics. El-Paso, Texas

I bought a phone from a Metro PCS local retailer with a $50 mail-in rebate included in the deal.
I mailed my reciept along with other items per claim form instructions to the El-Paso address, well within the 60 day expiration.  I finally recieved what was supposed to be a $50 pre-paid credit card with a zero balance.  I called the card company who told me it was "expired", and that I needed to contact Metro PCS for any further details.  Metro PCS had absolutely no information available, and refered me back to the card company.  The Retailer would only give me a phone number to an automated info line that said I needed to make copies of the claim form before I sent it in.
A complete and utter runaround!  I think the whole rebate process offered by Metro PCS is a scam, and may even be a case for Criminal Fraud because of the stonewall tactics used to withold requested information.  It is obvious that this company is not willing to resolve the issue in good faith with a reasonable explanation.  I would welcome any Class Action participation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 10:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-PCS/El-Paso-Texas-/Metro-PCS-Rebate-Ripoff-and-Stonewall-Tactics-El-Paso-Texas-1042649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro PCS