Complaint Review: Metro PCS

• Updated: Sat, August 02, 2014

• Reported By: Bonnie Lindsay — St. Pete Florida
Metro PCS
3100 22nd Ave. N. St. Pete, Florida USA

Metro PCS Brand new LG Optimus L70 has software issues. Was told I would have replacement in 3 days. Still waiting. St. Pete Florida

*Author of original report: Metro complaint continued Corporate Metro

I purchased 2 phones at Pinellas Park Metro store on 6/12/14.  Mine was a LG Optimus L70. The other was a gift for my grand daughters birthday.

I immediately had problems with mine. Certain people I texted were receiving the texts in a Japanese dialect. I would text one person, and the text would be received by someone else. began getting  triangular red shapes, indicating a sending error on texts.

Then incoming phone calls could not get through. As soon as I would pick up, they call would disconnect. Or, would disconnect during conversation.

I called the young man I purchased the phones from. I had spent almost $300.00. I was miffed. First, he told me it had something to do with their towers. When I called again, he told me to romove the battery and the SIM card. After I did that,it went from bad to worse.

I took the phone to a Metro store close to my home. They did a hard reset. Lost all my settings, and it did no good. When I took it back, he told me the phone had a software problem and I needed to return it to the corporate store.

I took it to the corporate store on 7/1/14. I was told by the woman that waited on me that my replacement phone would arrive in 3 days. So I waited. The holiday fell on the third day, so I assumed I would hear from them 7/5.

I went back there on 7/7. An extremely rude woman informed me it was 3 to 5 business days. So, I waited. The Corporate store has no phone number listed anywhere. If you want to speak to them, you have to go there. I figured I would hear from them  Wednesday, 7/9.

It is now Sunday, 7/13. Still no word. No phone. I paid for a month of service the day I purchased the phone. I paid for another month on 7/11, only so my grand daughter's phone would'nt be shut off. I want my phone!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2014 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-PCS/St-Pete-Florida-33713/Metro-PCS-Brand-new-LG-Optimus-L70-has-software-issues-Was-told-I-would-have-replacement-1161721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro PCS

Metro complaint continued Corporate Metro

AUTHOR: Bonnie Lindsay - ()

still has not replaced the phone I purchased 6/12/14. Now, not only does the texting capability not work, I can't receive phone calls.