poverty

• Submitted: Wed, February 06, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 06, 2013

• Reported By: Pheonix712 — San Jose California United States of America
Metro PCS

Metro PCS set up account with unrequested upgrade, overcharged & won't refund , Internet

In short - Metro charged me for a higher rate of service than I asked for. I made 3 attempts to get this corrected and it was not until the 3rd time the correction was finally made, but $10 per month was over charged, paid and not refunded!

In late August I went to the Great Mall in Milpitas, CA to the MetroPCS kiosk to purchase a new phone for a close friend of the family. Being a senior and on a tight budget she wanted a plan at $30. Unfortunately the best plan that Metro could offer at the time was to add a phone line to my existing account (My personal cell phone line) and she could receive a $10
discount on her services each month. This apparently was only applicable for the $60 and $50 monthly plans for this particular promotion.

At first they tried to load the plan as the $60 plan with the discount reducing it to $50. Despite how adamant I was about wanting it as low as possible (as I explained to them what I explained above). So they had to correct it. I was assured that all was well and My new plan would show as $50 for mine, and $50 for hers with the $10 discount (+ taxes, fees & Ins).

In October we received a text for the total combined amount. My friend paid the whole amount for both of us; Plus Metro applied the payment for my personal payment. In November I call Metro to work out the balance from the previous months payment boo boo and realized the discrepancy from what I had asked for vs. what I was being charged. They were charging me for block it and the $60 rate plan.

I asked at that time that they make both phones services IDENTICAL (my exact words said 3 times) with the exception that MY line has 411 and the other not. They got rid of block it and refunded me the money for those charges and claimed to have reduced the $60 to $50.

The following month, again my friend paid for both of our services thinking that the text she received with the total was 2 mos.  worth of services to be paid in bulk (since we had the mix up previously and she didnt pay for 2 months.) and again I paid my amount as well so I waited until the following month to inquire about the correct balance. When I called at that time I noticed a discrepancy again. They never adjusted the services from $60 to $50, so we had in fact paid $10 more
than requested for a total of 4 months. When I asked for a refund I was told I could have a $5 credit that was all, and I was questioned as to why I waited until know to address the problem. I reiterated my story above and was told that there were no notes in the account to corroborate my story and so no refund would be made.

I feel I have been fraudulently extorted out of $40, sorry, $35 (from their gracious $5 credit!) and I believe that others should be warned. Metro has little to no accountability, less efficiency, and no reliability.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2013 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-PCS/internet/Metro-PCS-set-up-account-with-unrequested-upgrade-overcharged-wont-refund-Internet-1010007. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro PCS