Complaint Review: Metro PCS

• Reported By: pissed frustration — ypsilanti Michigan
Metro PCS
ypsilanti, mi ypsilanti, Michigan USA

Metro PCS Deceit, lies,and stonewalling ypsilanti Michigan

Finally out of my contract with ATT, YAY. I don’t have any major complaint with them but can no longer afford them due to drastic reduction of income.

Chose to go with Metro PCS to save money, 1 because we had several Metro phones we saved from the garbage and 2 they offer 25 a month talk and text. I have never heard any great things but we needed to save money and we need phones. My complete joy of doing everything on the internet very quickly turned to frustration and now anger!

Managed to port my current numbers from ATT, but found out you have to go to the store if you want the 25 talk and text deal and have a new activation, at this point I am  less than 48 hours into metro service.   Then realized one of the phones I planned on using didn’t work, now I have to get a phone too.. So I find “deals” in tiny print all the way at the bottom of the page.. go check them out.. 25.00 for android, touch screen phones. Not bad BUT, once again you have to go to the store and get it, because they are out of stock online! Implying that you will get the same price at the store. Classic  bait and switch.. 4 different stores. 1st said they didn’t have any, but have displays on counter advertising said phones, while there, heard a sales person tell a guy that they could not port numbers from att to metro,  Then offered me a 100 dollar phone. Second store did not advertise deals but only had a few, then would not sell to me unless I activated another new line at the store. Called Metro , was told that each store may decide if they will sell at the advertised price. All 4 stores are “authorized dealers”.

1st 2 were Metro PCS stores, went to Meijer , they didn’t have any, and Walmart of course refused to sell the phones at that price Citing they don’t match online prices, then said they just sell the phones and are not authorized dealer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2013 07:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-PCS/ypsilanti-Michigan-48198/Metro-PCS-Deceit-liesand-stonewalling-ypsilanti-Michigan-1070832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro PCS