Complaint Review: Metro PCS/Dynamic Cellular of Em

• Updated: Wed, March 30, 2011

• Reported By: Irate — Roselle New Jersey United States of America
Metro PCS/Dynamic Cellular of Em
3 E 33rd Street New York, New York United States of America

Metro PCS/Dynamic Cellular of Em Sam (Metro PCS salesperson) Scammed on New Activation New York, New York

*Author of original report: Received Refund

On March 24, 2011,  I went into MetroPCS/Dynamic Cellular of Em, 3 E. 33rd Street, New York City,  where i was greeted by a salesman named Sam and his female trainee. I explained to Sam that i wanted the "Buy One Phone, Get One Phone Free" special on the Samsung Freeform II model, and that i wanted a New Activation for a relative with a $45 a month service plan and with the Free phone, i wanted to transfer my information from my MetroPCS Kyocera Torino to the Free Samsung Freeform II.

Now, the regular cost of the Freeform II is 50 bucks and the plan was 45 bucks a month, but somehow Sam calculated the total cost For the Phones, New Activation and the Info/Number transfer from my old phone as $264! So i told Sam to forget the Buy one Get one Free offer and just give me the one samsung and the $45 a month plan,  Sam still tried to overcharge me, gradually going down on the total amount due until he reached $115 and change claiming "It's the best i can do"

Exasperated, i agreed to that amount, watched Sam and his cohorts activate the phone, packed everything up and left, but outside the store, i looked at the Yellow Customer Copy that is a list of features and plans purchased, NOTHING was checked off! My Customer Copy was blank except for customer info (Name, Address, etc) and on top of that, i had a print out that said, Amount Due in April $80.00!!!!!!  and the service plan was listed as $45 FAMILY PLAN!  I NEVER at ANY time told Sam i wanted the family plan!

He set me up with it on his own accord!.  I stormed back there and asked him what was it he was trying to pull,  I showed him the print out at which point his female sales trainee said quite rudely "That was ours! (the print out) You weren't supposed to see that!"  Sam assured me all my relative would have to pay was 45 dollars a month.  Ok, fast forward to March 28th, my relative told me she recieved a message on the samsung that said "80 dollars due by April 15th"

I had enough, i went back to the store (all the way from New Jersey) Where Sam said "Just hold the phone until next week and i will make it $45" I said No, (Sam was trying get me to hold it past 7 days so i could not get a refund at ALL)  I want a full refund.  Sam's reply was "I cannot give you a full refund",  I looked on the white register receipt and there was a disclaimer for a 30% restocking fee!

There was NO mention of this from Sam before or during my purchase of the phone and there was no restocking fee listed under the Metro PCS return rules that appear on the Yellow Customer Copy document.  So the only refund i was "entitled" to was $81.40. I actually lost over $30 dollars with nothing to show for it. Sam swiped my debit card and i received a Refund reciept, but the refund still has not appeared on my online bank statement.  So i have No Phone, Out 30+ dollars and No Refund.

These people are CROOKS, Sam and his sidekick Deliberately withheld stipulation info about the 2 for 1 deal, withheld info about the restocking fee prior to purchase, LIED about the monthly plan cost, and now appears to be with holding my refund. I will wait a few more days to see if my refund appears before i take action.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2011 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-PCSDynamic-Cellular-of-Em/New-York-New-York-10016/Metro-PCSDynamic-Cellular-of-Em-Sam-Metro-PCS-salesperson-Scammed-on-New-Activation-New-711567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro PCS/Dynamic Cellular of Em

Received Refund

AUTHOR: Irate - (United States of America)

I just wanted to let every consumer who reads my post know that i received my refund for $81 and change on 3/30/2011. However, that still does not change the fact that i have been cheated out of

a Full Refund........