- Report: #1078200
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Metro RV
Metro RV RV City They are running a ponzi scheme and have been for years!!! Burbank California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
This is a rip off report in chronological order regarding the purchase of a Recreational Vehicle herein referred to as RV that was purchased from Metro RV in Burbank California on December 1, 2012 by myself and wife. The sales person involved in the sale of the RV was Cheryl Almuina.
RV purchased and obtained from Metro RV which included the vehicle sale price, accessories, documentation fees, all applicable CA sales tax, DMV vehicle license fees, and a RV service contract through Cornerstone United. The purchase was paid for in full by check issued by my bank. Vehicle included the proper DMV temporary registration information at the time obtained.
Contacted Metro RV regarding the expiration of the original temporary DMV registration on 2/20/2013 and was told that there was a mix-up with the paperwork and that another temporary permit would be issued. They also informed me that the original Smog Inspection would still be valid.
After multiple calls to Metro RV, I received a temporary permit issued by DMV showing fees paid on 1/31/2013. Document also showed that an RV Smog Inspection/Certification was required.
After multiple calls and emails to Metro RV, I had an RV Smog Inspection/Certification performed on my own behalf as Metro RV informed me that the original Smog Certification had expired. Metro RV reimbursed me for the price of the Smog Inspection/Certification. After this effort and multiple contacts with Metro RV, I received another Temporary Operating Permit that expired on 7/1/2013.
Emailed Cheryl and Lyn at Metro RV stating that the Temporary Operating Permit had expired again and that I had not received valid registration paperwork from the DMV. I also stated that I was extremely frustrated with their service and was considering legal action as it appeared there was a problem registering the RV. I received another Temporary Operating Permit that will expire on 9/30/2013 after contacting Lyn at Metro RV at which time she stated that there was a problem with the previous lien holder not releasing the title. She assured me that she and Metro RV were working on the issue and doing everything in their power to resolve the situation.
I was contacted by the original owner of the RV who explained that Metro RV had not paid the lien holder the whole amount to release the title on the RV and that there were ongoing investigations regarding Metro RV.
After being contacted, I proceeded to contact multiple parties in order to try and understand the true depth of the issue and how to attempt resolving it.
- Contacted Cornerstone United, the administrator of the RV Service Contract. I asked for confirmation that my service policy was in good standing, but was informed that there was no record of the RV VIN, my name, or any payment regarding the contract I purchased through Metro RV for $2,990.00 at the time of purchase on 12/1/2012. I was informed that if Metro RV had sent payment to initiate the contract, I would have received official documentation from Cornerstone. This documentation was never received thus proving that Metro RV withheld the payment and had not delivered or provided the service contract as paid for.
- Contacted the financial institution I financed the RV through and legal lien holder of the RV. I asked if they had received the lien for the RV, and was informed that they had not and were in contact with Metro RV as well as the DMV regarding an official investigation. This proved that Metro RV had withheld payment to the original lien holder after I purchased the RV and provided payment in full. I was given the contact information for the DMV Investigations Office and proceeded to contact him.
In closing, I have been paying monthly payments as well as insurance payments since January of 2013 for an RV that I purchased from Metro RV in December of 2012, and have yet to receive official valid DMV registration for the RV in my name. My financial institution (the legal lien holder) has not received the lien for the RV as Metro RV has not paid off the pre-existing balance with the previous owner’s financial institution. I have a null and void $2,990.00 RV Service Contract that I paid Metro RV for, as they never forwarded payment or initiated the contract through Cornerstone United. All of this is due to apparent fraudulent and possible illegal conduct performed by Metro RV as there are multiple investigations pending, the loss of their sales license, and multiple complaints lodged through various institutions online against Metro RV.
I am working with multiple parties to ensure that Metro RV is held accountable for their actions. I am also willing to testify against Metro RV.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2013 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-RV/burbank-California-91502/Metro-RV-RV-City-They-are-running-a-ponzi-scheme-and-have-been-for-years-Burbank-Calif-1078200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.