efficient

• Submitted: Tue, March 29, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, March 29, 2011

• Reported By: Tracy — Austell Georgia United States of America
Metro Storage - Lithia Springs
3129 Bankhead Hwy-Lithia Springs-GA-30122 Lithia Springs, Georgia United States of America

Metro Storage - Lithia Springs Metro Self Storage Ripped off - Inside Job Lithia Springs, Georgia

I fell behind on rent, I'll admit, but had maintained contact with Property Manager to express my interest in paying balance and retreiving items.  Received registered letter on 2/16/11 stating items left in storage would be auctioned on 3/22/11.  By 2/19/11 I had rec'd my IRS refund and paid bill paid via telephone w/ visa debit card.

On 2/25/11, my son & I went to clear my storage unit.  The lock had been cut off; Metro Storage had placed their own lock and seal on the door. The Property Manager removed her lock, broke the seal, and when I lifted the door I found more than half of my items missing.  The Property Manager claims not to know what happened - her digital photographs (dated 1/1/2007) showed exactly what I saw: all remaining boxes against right wall, some opened.  My roommate had one Rubbermaid Totes box containing a home-made quilt and other items, but upon inspection I found that some of my loose items had been placed in Totes box. [continued below]....
.....

I filed a police report with the Douglas County sheriff's office.  Metro District Manager, Joe Radicioni, refused to allow documentation, including photos, to be released without subpoena. Case assigned to Investigator Aprile Thompson, who obtained said subpoena and called me into her office.  Unfortunately, since I had no receipts (who has a receipt for items passed down through family?) nor did I have my own photos, the case was at a dead end.  Mr. Radicioni refused to refund the $415 I paid to retreive my items, valued at less than half of that amount.

On 3/22/11, my son & roommate attended the auction in my stead.  Three units were auctioned off, and all three were of similar status: all items remaining had been moved to side of unit with nothing of value left behind.  If I had known about the missing items beforehand, I would have saved myself $415 and let the unit go to auction.

This has to be an inside job.  The locksmith, maintenance man, and property manager were all onhand when my lock was removed.  Security cameras are only placed at entrance, exit, and office.

Beware when renting a storage unit from them or any other site: take dated digital photos each time you enter your storage unit (which I didn't even think was necessary).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2011 06:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-Storage-Lithia-Springs/Lithia-Springs-Georgia-30122/Metro-Storage-Lithia-Springs-Metro-Self-Storage-Ripped-off-Inside-Job-Lithia-Springs-711358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro Storage - Lithia Springs