Complaint Review: Metro energy savers

• Submitted: Fri, July 15, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, February 07, 2013

• Reported By: Arnaldo — Arlington Texas U.S.A.
Metro energy savers
7120 i20 arlington texas Internet United States of America

Metro energy savers MES Over charged for parts Internet

*Author of original report: If you weren't trolling your business would be successful

*General Comment: out of line costomer

*Author of original report: Comedy of errors

*Author of original report: Comedy of errors

*UPDATE Employee: Quality Service is More than Parts Pricing

On 7/15/2011 my air conditioning went out at around midnight. I thought I could wait until the morning but it began to heat up very quickly. At 2 AM I googled Metro Energy Savers and saw that they had 24 hour service. I had used them on 7/2/2011 and they promptly came and found the issue. On the date in question I began to call every other hour until 5 AM. I was told that I would be scheduled once the office opens at 7 AM.

At 9 AM I was told it would be half and hour then at 10:30 AM was told that it would be 45 minutes. The house temperature climbed to 90 degress and I had to take my family out. I informed a customer representative of my cell phone and to call me so I can return to the home. I called at 2 PM to check why they had not called me. I was told that the repair person had come and made the repair.

I was upset that they did not call me. The repair person left a letter of apology which I found to be very kind. What outrages me was the extremely over priced capacitor. I was charged $236.00. I checked the price of the part online and it was anywhere from $60 to $90. I called the company and spoke to Carol. I questioned the cost of the part. Carol stated that I was correct, the part was worth $90 however they place a 150% upcharge. Today was not an example of professional business practice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2011 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metro-energy-savers/internet/Metro-energy-savers-MES-Over-charged-for-parts-Internet-753511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metro energy savers

If you weren't trolling your business would be successful

AUTHOR: Arny1234 - ()

You need to stop trolling feeds and go out there and produce.  If you have to shop at Wal-Mart it shows how poor your company is doing. So stop looking for three year old feeda to comment on and go out there and rip people off so you can shop at a better store troll.

#2 General Comment

out of line costomer

AUTHOR: jacob - ()

First i might tell you the meaning of profit,,  a financial benifit that is realized when the amount of revenue gained from a business activity exceeds the expences, costs, and taxes needed to sustain the activity.  Im a 54 year old electrical contractor in dallas with a heat and ac division for 10 years now.  Every now and then i like to get online and search for complaints online, not at all to degrade my competition, but to better learn how to teach my technicions and electricions how to avoid certain situations, I read some complaints, some seem to be legitimate, however, i wasnt there, so I cant just trust the word of a homeowner who perhaps knows very little about the problem with there electrical or ac,  some of these complaints just dont make any common sense at all.  With this homeowner, i do understand the timing issue, however, sometime, mistakes do happen on scheduling, we, like so many othor companies, answer our phones 24 hours a day, we cant pay someone to set at the office all night long, and during a hot summer, it rings alot, waking up our oncall dispatcher.

Mistakes do happen unfortionatly. However, as to the cost, we charge 69.95 flat fee service charge to show up at someones home and to determine the ussue with there electrical or ac, i cannot pay a guy 25 to 30 dollars an hour, the cost of the truck, repairs and maintainance of those trucs, insurance (health, liability, and so forth) office staff, gas, its not cheap, advertising so the customer knows who to call, paid vacation, retirement for my employees, taxes, including social security and medicare taxes, and so many other cost involved into operating an in home service company. not for $70 dollar charge to go out there. This is not a high volume industry, such as walmart, kroger, quick trip, etc,   No company out there can operate in that manner. Ill repeat that, no company can operated in that manner.  Parts have to be marked up to cover the cost. I read mr arnaldo's complaint, 150% mark up is not outragous.

Consider this, my wife and I went to walmart last saturday, do do some grocery shopping, a can of libbys corn was 84 cents, now walmart most likely paid maybe 10 cents for that can of corn, thats  800% markup, yet walmarts a high volume buesiness, and no one out there complains about that.  Customers complain about priceing in these cases, i understand, but before they make a complaint, the should have a fair understanding of what it takes to be in business, to take care of the skilled employees, and benfifits, cost etc. Everone wants to make really good money, if not to be rich, they want company provided health plan, retirement, paid vacation, and so forth, its the same in this industry, My suggestion to mr alrnaldo, if he thinks its too much, dont run your ac, it a privilage to have air conditioning, no one had it a hundred years ago, many people in this world dont, many people in this great country of ours cant afford it, Other than that, if he wants free, go talk to goodwill, or go to the welfare office, good luck because last time i knew, lonestar card is only for food../

Comedy of errors

AUTHOR: Arny1234 - (U.S.A.)

I find it comical that it took this company nearly two years to file a rebuttal. I have not doubt many of the employees that said how they overcharged are gone. I stand by my statement 100% and I would challenge Carol to a polygraph about our conversation. So please Lennard own up, man up, apologize and move on.

Comedy of errors

AUTHOR: Arny1234 - (U.S.A.)

Quality Service is More than Parts Pricing

AUTHOR: HLennard - (United States of America)

It is Metro Energy Savers objective to provide excellent service at a fair price.   All of our parts are new, top quality parts; we do not buy parts from secondary markets or through internet specials.  Our parts pricing is very competitive; we continually shop prices with our competitors to insure we are competitive in the marketplace.  And we would never tell a customer that we add 150% mark-up because it is simply not true.

The rates charged to customers for repairs include dispatching the vehicle, travel to the site, on-site
diagnostics, replacement parts, and the labor to fix the problem.  We maintain a full complement of parts on our trucks, so that customers do not have to experience unnecessary delays while the part is being ordered.

If a customer wants to diagnose his own problem, and is willing to wait for delayed delivery after he ordered the part over the internet, I am sure that he could save some money over the price of quality service that Metro Energy provides.