Complaint Review: MetroPCS Store #

• Updated: Tue, March 23, 2010

• Reported By: John — Santa Ana California USA
MetroPCS Store #
2307 South Bristol Street, Ste B Santa Ana, California United States of America

MetroPCS Store # Rep overcharged me for plan and would not give me rebate for phone. Santa Ana, California

After purchasing my phone and 1st months service I noticed on receipt that I was charged for $45 plan. After confronting Rep re: this he said that 1st months payment is always $45 for everybody. DESPITE THE MASSIVE AD CAMPAIGN THAT SAYS $40 PERIOD. Also refused to give me rebate form for $20 OFF KIYOCERA DOMINO PHONE. He instead lied again by saying he already gave me an Instant $20 rebate, and that Domino's regular price is $49.

I confirmed on Metro's web site and with other stores that EITHER WAS TOO LAZY TO GIVE ME REBATE FORM, Confused, OR HE IS LIAR. I went back to the same rep soon after filing complaint BBB online. I went there after confirming with Marco at diga Wireless(authorized dealer with metropcs) that I understood correctly regarding ability to sign up for $40 plan right away. As luck would have it the store at 2307 S Bristol St #B was very busy at that time. I took a number from kiosk and waited for my # to be called. As luck would have it again I happen to get called by the same rep. I asked for $5 refund and to switch to $40/month plan, also asked for rebate. Again he refused to do both. Said it was impossible to do, computer won't let him. Said everybody has to pay $45 first time. I then told him that I checked with another store, and Marco verified my understanding of offers from website. He still proclaims innocence and assured me that he would not go to all this trouble to steal $5 from me.

From their official answer to my complaint I am guessing this employee will maybe be promoted? for his awesome customer service and enterprenurial spirit. Please beware of this store and keep personal ID and credit card disclosure to a minimum. Recommend paying cash if at all.

Peace be with you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2010 02:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MetroPCS-Store-/Santa-Ana-California-92704/MetroPCS-Store-Rep-overcharged-me-for-plan-and-would-not-give-me-rebate-for-phone-Sant-584588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MetroPCS Store #