Complaint Review: MetroPCS

• Submitted: Sat, November 03, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, November 03, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — United States of America
MetroPCS

Metro PCS, Wireless For All limited customer support, locked account, changed password without my permission Internet

I tried to log into my online "ewallet" account to pay my bill before it is due. I KNOW I entered the correct password, and even attempted to log in with a browser that has the password saved. I have proven that MetroPCS has changed my password without my permission. If they don't want me as a customer, I would think they would text me, email me, or disconnect my service.

Now my online account is locked and the only options I have is to try to remember my secret question  because the secret question method is VERY insecure ... to call 1888 8 metro 8 or to MAIL them to their post office box.

These methods are unacceptable. I think that other methods such as "last 4 digits of social security number", date of birth, and the numerical passcode (all three I DO remember) need to be applied to the online account.

My payment should process by itself next week. But my saved debit card expires in January. I will not be able to log in and set up a new saved card. It looks like I will switch to another cell phone provider, which is an expense that involves a new phone purchase in addition to account activation, and the first month. They lie about their nationwide coverage. They offer coverage in part of a county and I hear stories about how they disconnect anybody that even ventures outside their full coverage area. In the SAME county.

Unless MetroPCS changes for the better, they will lose another customer. And then that customer will provide negative reviews regarding MetroPCS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2012 09:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MetroPCS/internet/Metro-PCS-Wireless-For-All-limited-customer-support-locked-account-changed-password-wit-964391. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MetroPCS