Complaint Review: Metrocall Wireless

• Submitted: Mon, July 19, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, July 19, 2004

• Reported By:Grand Prairie Texas
Metrocall Wireless
6340 LBJ Freeway Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Metrocall Wireless rip-off dishonest fradulent billing. Rip-off! Dallas Texas

After several years of being a Excellent customer of Metrocall,(6 years since we purchased our company) our needs changed and we canceled our service. On April 21, 2004 we returned our pagers (8) to the Dallas office.
After I returned the pagers, Metrocall kept billing me (85.00) for a pager they said I didn't return. They had the ESN # (ID #) but they couldn't or wouldn't give me the Pager Number to connect it to in my files so that I could indeed say, yes that is ours, I will send you the money.

Since I did not have the pager and never had, and they could not provide the necessary information to enable me to confirm the pager was ever in my hands, I kept calling and trying to get the problem resolved. I have talked repeatedly to, Aretha, Yolanda, Sunrea, and today I was so upset and frustrated from months of dealing with this company, I didn't even get the girls name, she was a supervisor in Customer Service.

The reason that I was so upset was this morning when I opened the mail, there was yet another invoice from Metrocall, only now instead of the $85.00 that they wanted, they cost has now gone up to 181.13. Due to one of the pagers that I returned in April being, "damaged beyond repair".

I told the supervisor that all of the pagers were in working order when we returned them and that they had had it in their possession for over two months, and asked why it had taken that long for them to come to this decision? I also asked about the "liability insurance" that we carried on each pager, I was told that the deductible was $85.00, so I asked what the price of the pager was and was told it was 96.00! So I paid 18.00 a year for insurance to save 11.00 for a "damaged" pager?

I am going to pay this invoice because Metrocall has stated that they will turn it over to a collection agency if I don't. But I would like a complete refund of $96.13.

Dianna
Grand Prairie, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2004 08:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metrocall-Wireless/Dallas-Texas-75240/Metrocall-Wireless-rip-off-dishonest-fradulent-billing-Rip-off-Dallas-Texas-99541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metrocall Wireless