Complaint Review: Metropolatin Benefits

• Updated: Thu, October 07, 2010

• Reported By: Trudy — Greeneville Tennessee United States of America
Metropolatin Benefits
1040 Biscayne (st or Ave) Suite 2104 Miamy, Florida United States of America

Metropolatin Benefits National Health Insurance(? ) Slow at refunding your money - systems are always down - unable to contact management only costumer service individuals Miamy , Florida

This insurance company has a very slow computer system that is usually down.

I enrolled in the insurance because of low cost; but after a couple of trying to call them to ask more questions, they had no idea who I was. I asked them to write down my phone number and to have someone call me, but nobody called me, so I called them back, they still didn't know who I was and their system was down again.

I spoke to 2 different people the same ones each time, neither one of them forwarded my information of cancelation since they had no clue who I was, therefore I became suspicious after they told me that they would forward my information as soon as the system was back up and that my account would not be drated the funds.

I continued to call to verify that the info was forwarded but each time, the system was down, or they would get my number and stated someone would call me.

It's always the same two people I talk to, and they have no way of forwarding me as a caller to their management.

Finally my bank account was drafted funds by this company, they did not use a company name, only a number so my bank could not get my money back for me.  This happened on August 31, which caused my account to go into overdraft and they charged more than what they were supposed to.

I have called nearly everyday since then, and continue to talk to the same two people, in which one of them said that my money was refunded and to call my bank and see if they are holding the money; I did, and ofcourse my bank does not hold money that belongs back to the consumer.

I have yet to receive a call from upper management in this so called insurance business and still have not received my money back - which was $199.00 along with an overdraft fee charged by my bank of $29.00.

I filed a complaint with the BBB of Southeast & The Caribbean (West Palm Beach FL) which they said could take another 30 days before the company would have to reply to this complaint.

I don't know how anyone can have their insurance benefits taken care of through this company with their computer system always down, and there is no way of getting hold of the actual business owner or CEO.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2010 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metropolatin-Benefits/Miamy-Florida-33132/Metropolatin-Benefits-National-Health-Insurance-Slow-at-refunding-your-money-systems-648455. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metropolatin Benefits