Complaint Review: Metropolitan Casualty Insurance Col

• Submitted: Wed, April 10, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, April 10, 2013

• Reported By: Mick — Riverwoods Illinois
Metropolitan Casualty Insurance Col
PO Box 410250, Charlotte, NC 28241-0250 Charlotte, North Carolina United States of America

Metropolitan Casualty Insurance Col Auto "Betterment" ripoff Charlotte, North Carolina

My complaint originates from damage to my vehicle from an accident caused by Metropolitan's insured.

My vehicle was parked in a legal parking space.  An elderly lady attempting to park her car in a space 2 cars behind my vehicle accidently hit he accelerator instead of the brake and pushed the car behind me into my vehicle and caused substantial damage to the rear of my car ($4,408.77).

Metropolitan issued a check for the repair, admitting responsibility, but minus $54.50 and called the shorted amount "betterment."

When asked for an explanation, the adjustor said it was the company practice to deduct an amount form the payment that they determined had actually improved the value of my vehicle.  The said the repair of my vehicle actually improved it and made it better.

It is my contention that he damage diminished the value of my vehicle and reduced it's value because now there is documentation that it has been in an accident.  Replacement of the exhaust system was unnecessary.  The car had low mileage and would have been good for 100,000 miles.

It is my contention that Metropolitan's "betterment" is a scam to pay out reduced claims and improve their bottom line.  I think the practice of betterment is a mechanism to cheat the innocent consumer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2013 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metropolitan-Casualty-Insurance-Col/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28241/Metropolitan-Casualty-Insurance-Col-Auto-Betterment-ripoff-Charlotte-North-Carolina-1042242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metropolitan Casualty Insurance Col