Complaint Review: Metropolitan Educational Enterprises

39 S. LaSalle Street #1125 Chicago, Illinois United States of America
  • Phone: 3126411414
  • Web:
  • Category: Library

Metropolitan Educational Enterprises Overbearing and Intimidating Business Practices while Preying on Military Personnel and Families. Chicago, Illinois

I was an E3 in the Navy and I was taken advantage of by Metropolitan Educational Enterprises.  I started by contract in April 2007 and in that time they've claimed in a letter to my command that I have fallen behind in my payments and that I owe them almost two thousand dollars in back payments and interest.

They also claimed that they had tried numerous times to contact me and that I had refused to acknowledge.  Yet in the two years since, I have had only one late payment due to my check card expiring (with a late fee of $198 for a $68 bill).

After I found out I had missed a payment, I called them with my new account number and apologized, but the person I talked to tried to intimidate me into giving out my superiors' phone numbers.  I thought the matter was closed, but a few weeks later, my command received that letter dated October 22nd, when they charged my account three days previously.

I will be calling the company in the morning to try and resolve the issue, but with this company's track record on this website and the fact that their Better Business Bureau Certification was suspended two months ago does not leave me hopeful.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2009 04:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metropolitan-Educational-Enterprises/Chicago-Illinois-60603/Metropolitan-Educational-Enterprises-Overbearing-and-Intimidating-Business-Practices-whil-521420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metropolitan Educational Enterprises