- Report: #444098
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Metropolitan Marketing Concepts - MK Acquisitions
Metropolitan Marketing Concepts - MK Acquisitions3131 Fernbrook Lane N Plymouth, Minnesota U.S.A.
Metropolitan Marketing Concepts - MK Acquisitions WARNING! Do not apply with this company! Plymouth Minnesota
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: MK Acquisitions and other titles under same roof is indeed a SCAM!
*General Comment: Stay away from this company
*General Comment: This company is a scam
*UPDATE Employee: With clients like Home Depot, DirectTV, and Sears, this MUST be a scam
*General Comment: It's not worth it
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: In response to the first rebuttal
*General Comment: Spammers
*UPDATE Employee: Don't believe every uninformed person on Rip Off Report
I was ALMOST taken! If it had not been for this site and the people who have posted reports on this site, I would have gone on my second "test" interview.
Here are some "red flags" that became more apparent to me during my first interview and upon my 1 week of research into the company,
1. I applied to the job through a reptuable job site and noticed that this same position was posted on over 10 other job sites. They keep on reposting the same job over and over changing the description/qualifications. IMMEDIATE HIRE! LOOKING FOR TALLENT!
2. In about a hour after applying to the job, I was contacted by a lady claiming to be the HR Rep, wanting to set up a interview. I thought, wow, that was a fast response.
3. The company does not have seperate email accounts for everyone that works there, its one account through gmail.
4. Their website is tacky for a marketing company. No client list, no customer testimonials. Just a bs mission statement and some awfull chill music that plays in the background.
5. Their offices are in an old office building. When you enter the office you are greeted by someone who hands you a clipboard and asks you to fill out a application and attach another copy of your resume. I though, "hmm they already have my resume"
6. The decor of the company looks "temporary" and all the furniture/artwork and the genereal decor looks "cheap". Not typical of most professional marketing companies.
7. I was introduced to the person who interviewed me who handed me a business card, claiming to be the "president" of the company. His office had no computer/laptop, unusual for a president of a marketing company.
8. I never asked him about his experience/background, however thought it was strange he was president, he could of not of been older than 26. Very attractive, young, hip and looks "with it". Plays the part well.
9. Told me about the "process" and how they hire and how they advance people. They wanted to set me up with a second interview at "the club", a.k.a Sam's Club.
10. I was contacted with a follow-up email indicating what time/location/ and contact info for the second test interview. They called at 9:30 the night before the second interview and told me they had changed the location that I was supposed to go to for the second interview.
11. The Minnesota Dept of Commerce has no business listing for a company called Metropolitan Marketing Concepts or MK Acquisitions.
I have the feeling that the name of this company will change soon once they realize that to many people are on to them and their location will change also. They will probibly get kicked out of their current location and relocate elsewhere under a different name.
I never went on the second interview, thank god! If something looks to good to be true, its probibly not.
I would love to hear from anyone out there who actually went to the second interview and what happened, I am very curious. Pleasee contact me through this site.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2009 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metropolitan-Marketing-Concepts-MK-Acquisitions/Plymouth-Minnesota-55447/Metropolitan-Marketing-Concepts-MK-Acquisitions-WARNING-Do-not-apply-with-this-company-444098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.