Complaint Review: Metrowide Appraisal Services - Patrick Smith

• Updated: Wed, October 31, 2012

• Reported By: holly — toronto Ontario Canada
Metrowide Appraisal Services - Patrick Smith
144 Main Street North Markham, Ontario United States of America

Metrowide Appraisal Services - Patrick Smith Negligent Appraisal/Refusal to Address Concerns/Dismissal of Raised Issues Markham, Ontario

*Consumer Comment: They don't have experience

Metrowide Appraisal Services (Patrick Smith) provided an appraisal for a Mortgage broker (Bryan Jaskolka) in support of financing I was seeking.

The appraisal was valued at $425,000 while the mortgage itself is at $438,000 and the home was bought one year prior for $476,000 after a bank approved appraisal at that time valued the home at $478,000.

I added $35,000 in renovations and was seeking a $35,000 HELOC.  The Appraisal itself was wrought with errors, many glaring such as those those in gross contradiction of the home inspection I had one year earlier. ie. the appraisal lists my house as wood frame when it is brick, 2 1/2 story when it is 3, 15 year old roof when it is within 5 years to name a few.

The comparables used were also clearly distortions of the market my house is situated in as they were on much less desirable lots bordered by city parking lots, schools and alley ways or on main thoroughfares when my house is bordered on all sides by residential on a small one-way street. [continued below]....
.....

The appraiser seemed unfamiliar with the neighborhood entirely as one comparable was listed as a corner lot when it is actually mid street-a clear indication that the description was lifted from a realtors listing.

The appraiser had seemingly no experience with century homes as he repeatedly and inaccurately made claims like 'heaving floors throughout' when the inspection report said expected condition for age and average or 'sloping floors throughout' when in fact the inspection says minor slope in 1 meter square area near bathroom that has been 'remedied with structural beam in basement'.

When I attempted repeatedly to correspond with Patrick Smith at Metrowide, I was dismissed in the form of not having my calls returned and finally being told to deal with the broker (check out my complaint about Bryan Jaskolka at Canadian Mortgages Inc).

Ultimately, Metrowide and the broker dismissed me without due attention to my concerns and after being volleyed between the two.

I am currently taking the matter up with the appropriate governing bodies-I payed $400 to this appraiser who has refused to give me a refund or address the inaccuracies.  BEWARE!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2010 06:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metrowide-Appraisal-Services-Patrick-Smith/Markham-Ontario-M6H-1E7/Metrowide-Appraisal-Services-Patrick-Smith-Negligent-AppraisalRefusal-to-Address-Conce-666422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metrowide Appraisal Services - Patrick Smith

They don't have experience

AUTHOR: MCM - (Canada)

I'm one of they custom, the was in my house on monday 29 octobre 2012 for appraisail. The list my house at 485 K base on sale market, they put false information on record. they put house beside was sell at 460 or the house was sell 560. un other house  was sold 2 days before they on 577K and i have more upgrade then this house. I ask for the repport they don't want to give it to me. They make busness with hometrust, i will repport the situation to the home trust.

Beware for those people