Complaint Review: Metters Australian Shepherds

• Updated: Wed, October 02, 2013

• Reported By: Scarah77 — Kennesaw Georgia
Metters Australian Shepherds
630 Peeksville Road Locust Grove, Georgia USA

Metters Australian Shepherds BACKYARD BREEDER, NEGLECT, MALNOURISHMENT Locust Grove Georgia

I was sold a puppy by these people, the breeder listed on the CKC application papers is Lacy Metters Located in Locust Grove GA. When we got him he seemed very skinny but I had never had an australian shepherd before so I thought maybe he was just a runt. I had done research on typical weight and found that apparently it can vary so widely that it wasn't impossible that he was normal. The next day he was vomiting nonstop so I took him to the vet. Apparently he was severely infected with worms and because of it was very dehydrated and near death.

We gave him medicine and followed vet's orders for days and he seemed to get better but suddenly would only eat if forcefed and started vomiting again. He was looking so bad that we took him to the emergency vet where they told us he could die any minute and any attempts to save him would cost thousands and still might not work. We decided to let him go peacefully and had him euthanized. The vet said he exhibited all the symptoms of parvo despite the first vet visit's test coming back negative.

I emailed and called the people we bought him from repeatedly with no response. They are either running a puppy mill or are a backyard breeder with very poor practices. He had supposedly been vaccinated against parvo. I have learned a hard lesson about the correct way to get a dog. DO NOT BUY A PUPPY FROM THESE PEOPLE! They are awful, inhumane, and abusive to their dogs. The puppy was infested with fleas when we got him which we took care of, but the poor little guy was doomed before he was even in our care. I wish there was more I could do to keep this from happening to anyone else or to keep these horrible people from causing any more innocent puppies to only know a tortured and suffering existence. I hope karma is real.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2013 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Metters-Australian-Shepherds/Locust-Grove-Georgia-30248/Metters-Australian-Shepherds-BACKYARD-BREEDER-NEGLECT-MALNOURISHMENT-Locust-Grove-Georg-1089034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Metters Australian Shepherds