Complaint Review: Mexican Vital Records

• Updated: Thu, August 23, 2012

• Reported By: Laura — Austin Texas United States of America
Mexican Vital Records
Dallas, Texas United States of America

Mexican Vital Records Mexican Vital Records This online foreign document search company promised that if I sent them $129, I would recieve a Birth Certificate for an individual born in Mexico in the early 20th century. I sent the money via West Dallas, Texas

*Author of original report: Update on actions against MVR

*Author of original report: BBB in Dallas has been contacted

I needed to obtain an original copy of a Mexican birth certificate for a person born at the turn of the century in Mexico for a project I am developing. I contacted Mexican Vital Records and because the company Pay Pal was featured on the website I thought I had contacted a legitimate service. I put in my order. Was told to pay $129 instead of the advertised $69 and given no explanation why the fee had increased. THIS should have been a red flag. I was contacted on the phone by a representative from the website three times before I paid the money via Western Union.

That was in March. I have not received the document and no one from the company will return my calls or answer my emails requesting an explanation. I have now demanded a refund of my money in full since the company has NOT honored its end of the deal.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT engage with this company in any form or fashion.

I have reported them to the Texas Attorney General and will be reporting them to the FBI and any other agency that is concerned with legitimate on line business.

Laura, Austin, TX

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2012 06:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mexican-Vital-Records/Dallas-Texas-75201/Mexican-Vital-Records-Mexican-Vital-Records-This-online-foreign-document-search-company-p-887249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mexican Vital Records

Update on actions against MVR

AUTHOR: LLW - (United States of America)

I have been advised  by the Police Department that they cannot go forward with an investigation unless I have sent Mexican Vital Records a Certified letter requesting action in the form of producing the document or refunding my money which to date I am out $141. A police report has been generated and all they are waiting on is for me to send the letter.

I highly advise anyone scammed by these people to contact your Police Department and open a case. Then send a certified letter to MVR. Let the Police take it from there.

After that contact Pay Pal and inform them that they are being used to perpetrate a scam and they need to have their logo pulled from the website.

To date two more people have come forward who have have money stolen from them via the internet. If you have been a victim of this company, take steps to have Juan Castillo and Jose Yuri Castro Rangle arrested for theft.

Again, I cannot stress highly enough. Do NOT use these people to secure Documents out of Mexico. They are not a legitimate business.

BBB in Dallas has been contacted

AUTHOR: LLW - (United States of America)

I filed a formal complaint with the BBB in Dallas.

I will now begin to contact Pay Pal and Western Union to inform them that they are dealing with a website engaged in criminal activities.