Complaint Review: Mica Financial Trust

• Submitted: Mon, October 29, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, October 29, 2007

• Reported By:Forest Hill Maryland
Mica Financial Trust
74 Phipps Lane Plainview, New York U.S.A.

Mica Financial Trust attempted to get money from me Plainview New York

I received a letter to inform me I am a 3rd tier winner of the Mega lottery. I won $250,000. A check for $3,165.42 was enclosed to cover the administrative payment and clearance fees for my winnings. I was to call my agent, Susan Thomson at 514-473-3332, before going to the bank "to validate the cheque" and for "authorisation and processing "of my prize.
I made no phone call but checked Ripoff Report to see if others had similar experiences. I found an identical situation and the lady was told to send them money after the check cleared the bank. Obviously, the check will eventually bounce and whoever actually sends money will end up having to cover with their own funds.
I am out only the time I took to do the research and now to file this report in hopes others will be forewarned.

Forest Hill, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2007 03:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mica-Financial-Trust/Plainview-New-York-11803/Mica-Financial-Trust-attempted-to-get-money-from-me-Plainview-New-York-281685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mica Financial Trust