• Report: #620632

• Updated: Thu, August 09, 2012

• Reported By: Atomicdynamo — Tujunga California United States of America
Michael Brian Flores
Diamond Bar, California United States of America

Michael Brian Flores photographer that takes your pictures for free and then never gives them to you! Diamond Bar, California

*Author of original report: Michael the ripoff photographer

*Author of original report: Michael - ripoff photographer

*Author of original report: Photographer rip off

*Author of original report: Photgrapher

*Consumer Comment: Re: Advice

*Consumer Suggestion: Advice

*Consumer Comment: Michael Flores is a Reputable Person.

*General Comment: to author in Tujunga, Ca. Your report is simply not true.

I found this man on Craigslist.org, he advertised himself as a photographer who is interested in taking pictures for free to beef up his portfolio. I had a piano concert I was doing on June 19, 2010 and so I called him. He was very nice and pleasant on the phone, we arranged everything and he came to the concert and took multiple photos of me before, during and after. A lot of these photos were supposed to be publicity shots to be used to promote my career. Important stuff! After all the photos were taken he said he will give me the pictures in about two or three days. And then he simply disappeared. Doesn't answer the phone, doesn't return phone calls, doesn't respond to e-mails. These photographs were extremely important to me as they chronicle one of my concert events. Now these pictures are gone! This man really screwed me over! Doesn't matter if it was free. [continued below]....
..... I would be willing to pay to have good photographs. But it is completely unconscionable to promise someone to take their pictures for something so important and then simply disappear. He told me he was building up his portfolio to become a professional photographer .... he must have been joking! How could someone become a professional photographer if he is screwing people over like this for no apparent reason! He wasn't even responsible enough to give an explanation to his actions. Why would he do this to someone?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2010 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Michael-Brian-Flores/Diamond-Bar-California-/Michael-Brian-Flores-photographer-that-takes-your-pictures-for-free-and-then-never-gives-620632. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Michael Brian Flores

Michael the ripoff photographer

AUTHOR: Atomicdynamo - ()

My report is not true? So you're saying that Michael gave me the photos and that I am lying about it? You're delusional. Why would I write a complaint about this guy if I got my photos? I wouldn't. Sounds like either you are his friend or it's Michael himself writing. If you're his friend why don't you have Michael meet me at my attorney's office with his attorney and let's see his proof that gave me the photos. But this won't happen because what I reported was true - HE DID NOT GIVE ME THE PHOTOS HE TOOK AS PER OUR VERBAL CONTRACT. I have evidence of my one way phone and e-mail attempts at communication with him after the concert. He never responded to me and never gave the photos. End of the story. Check your facts before you say something is not true!

Michael - ripoff photographer

AUTHOR: Atomicdynamo - ()

If he is so wonderful of a person then why did he not give me the photos he took? People are making comments that I gave him "only" 17 days. Excuse me but 17 days is more than enough time to "process" digital photos. Actually digital photos need no processing. And 17 days is also more than enough time to respond to even one e-mail or phone call and indicate when the photos would be delievered. We had an agreement, we had a verbal contract. He did not fulfill his contract. I needed photos of my concert and he wanted photos for his portfolio.

This was an exchange. He did not deliver. The people defending this man are not paying attention to a simple fact. HE DID NOT GIVE ME THE PHOTOS. Very simple real and indisputable fact. We had a nice and pleasant conversation before and after the concert. There were no arguments, disputes or disagreements over anything. There were many, many people at the concert who witnessed him taking photos of myself and with my auduence after the show. You can even see him in the video of the concert taking the photos.

What's his reason for not giving me the photos? As I stated he never ever contacted me with any explanation. I called him, left message after message and sent him traceable e-mails so I know he was reading them. I had people contact him anonymously so I know he's alive and well.  This is a "nice" guy? This is a responsible person? Two years have passed, you'd think if nothing else he would contact me with some explanation or something. But he did not.  I'm not making this up. You can make your own judgement of Michael from my experience.

Photographer rip off

AUTHOR: Atomicdynamo - ()

Gave him all the time he needed. He never contacted me. He told me the photos would be given within a few days time. A "few days" is NOT 17 days!! Digital photos don't need "processing" time. These were just straight forward stage photos that didn't need any editing. I asked for the photos "as is" anyway. He could have responded to any of my numerous e-mails with request for more time, explanation, something. He never wrote a single word. I wrote to him using traceable e-mail so I know he was reading them.

I had somone contact him annonymously so I know he didn't die. This man took away the moments of my concert forever without any good reason or any explanation. I've used photographers for my shows before and the photos were delivered within a several days after being taken. The photographer stayed in total contact with me.  Not Michael. He didn't do what any reasonable person would do- communicate. This is a way to become a professional photographer as he told me was his goal?

Photgrapher

AUTHOR: Atomicdynamo - ()

Professional and amature photographers using digital cameras do need "processing" time. Certainly not 17 days. Besides that Michael told me he would give me the photos in a few days after the concert. He could have indicated a longer time was needed if there was some issue. But he did not communicate at all! Zero. Nothing. Oh I checked if he was getting my e-mails by using a traceable e-mail that shows when someone has read it.

I know he was reading them. I also had someone contact him anonymously to do a photo shoot to which he promptly agreed. So he didn't die and wasn't in some accident or anything. This is just a classic case of a very bad person without any morals who screwed me over for no reason whatsoever. In one of my e-mails I offered to pay for the photos he took for free. No response. I think I had been more than reasonable.

Re: Advice

AUTHOR: Common Sense - (United States of America)

I just did the math... you gave him only 17 (seventeen!) days before you took to the Rip Off Report. It's fewer days if you deduct the 3 days you knew for processing. I think back on my life where I might have flaked on people or blew them off for various reasons (never money) ranging from immaturity to sincere emergencies, and you would have posted my full name, contact info and a picture of me after only 2 weeks permanently declaring me a rip-off artist to be avoided with nary a chance for me to get back to you, apologize, explain the situation and make it up to you. If only I've done that to everyone who's ever blown me off, eh?

Seventeen days. Seventeen. Goodness gracious, America. I live in SoCal in a nearby town and have lived all over the world and the country. And I have to say a high preponderance of people in SoCal are quite selfish and live in a "Life is about me; mistakes are for me, not for you" bubble.

It is now 2 years later. Are your lost photos still affecting you?

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Advice

AUTHOR: Common Sense - (United States of America)

It would be very terrible for you if you were to find out if this individual had died, had a horrible accident, was with a dying loved one and dropped everything... or maybe it wouldn't impact you either way? It just seems so premature and cruel to take to the internet besmirching someone like this without so much as a "I wonder if he's OK? It's odd to take off after something so inert as taking recital photos." It's not like he took boudoir photos and disappeared.

I would suggest next time have a bit of patience. Problems happen. If you barraged him with angry messages, you probably freaked him out. Maybe he thought, "I thought this was an exchange, now I'm being treated like a filthy servant." It really is possible to be a bad client and perhaps you were as indicated by such an over-the-top reaction as posting his name and photo online (PERMANENTLY on R-o-R) for something so inconsequential (yes, it will be inconsequential 5 years from now) as this.

But maybe you were as nice & cooperative as can be. But still... this? This is America. Where have you allowed him a chance for redemption before smearing his name? Is this what the internet has done to decency? Smear everyone online--privacy and personal dignity is no more?

Please have some decency in using sites like these to seek permanent revenge on such a finite problem. It's tough out there on the internet because people writing ads are afraid all of us readers/customers/clients will all turn out as irrationally volatile as you.

Michael Flores is a Reputable Person.

AUTHOR: jas - (United States of America)

I know Michael personally.My family hired him as the photographer for my grandma's big birthday bash and the pictures came out great. His assistants, his wife and his sister, were very helpful. He may be an amateur photographer but he does know his craft.

Michael is an honest guy and would not do anything intentionally to hurt anybody. I think he is too trusting. Perhaps next time he should be more careful in screening his clients.

I would recommend Michael to anyone anytime. He is a great guy, trustworthy, honest, reasonable, educated and fun to work with.

#8 General Comment

to author in Tujunga, Ca. Your report is simply not true.

AUTHOR: thia - (United States of America)

Report is not true.